Why must I look?!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by Dover Farms, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I mean, I look at goats for sale all the time. I don't usually find goats that I REALLY want. (Besides the Kastdemur's bloodlines that I love and which I have. :greengrin: )

While surfing the internet today I find that Sand-Bur-Kids, owner of Narrow Way DC Clarice - 2005 National RGCH/BU at age 8, is selling out. :( They have three, yes three, daughters of Clarice for sale - all out of different sires. And ALL three have nice, short pasterns...something I REALLY like to see. Here's the website: http://www.sandburkids.com/HerdDispersal.html

The first one is out of Kastdemur's Audacious - double like! The second one is out of Remuda Winter Cosmos - Copper-Hill bloodlines(which I also like and have). I also used a buck(and have his littermate sister) that is out of Constellation, Cosmos littermate brother. And finally the third one is out of Thunder-Ridge PDF Water Skater, so she is a full sister to Grizzley - sire of Saada Bearly Zimri, whose udder I LOVE...actually I must admit I like the whole doe. :p I also love Saada Bearly Lavendar's udder as well.

But alas! I do not have the $1,300 to fork out for the three of them. Not to mention Sand-Bur-Kids is located in OR while I'm clear across the country in OH. :roll: Almost all of the herds I like are on the stinkin' west coast! :GAAH: Oh yes, and I do not have the room. :( I need to cut back as it is with 5 Sr. does, 6 dry yearlings(think of how much fun it will be with 6 FF's next spring! Yippee!), 3 kids and 1 buck who is co-owned - bringing my grand total to 14 1/2.

Well I'm done now. :laugh: I know you goat people will understand!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    we look because we are just so addicted we cant not

3. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Yep, I agree with Stacey. I looked and loved........ I Wish I could have them too......

4. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Agreed! I look for goats EVERYDAY! I love them. Thank goodness I can practice some self-control or I would end up on an episode of HOARDERS! These things are addictive!!!!! :lovey:

5. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    My self control is lack of room and funds! And also my Dad. :ROFL:

I also would like to eventually have more than half of my herd in my herd name, so Mom and I made a commitment....NO more buying does, ONLY bucks! :p But, these does would be perfect. I was looking for herds with "older" bloodlines, so I could incorporate "old style" bloodlines with my "new style" bloodlines. I like the new style better overall, but there are things I like about the old style that the new style has kind of lost in my opinion.

They are purty, though, aren't they, Peggy? :greengrin:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup I am totally with you on that Jacque

I just bought one more because I felt I needed one more foundation doe to work off of. I have a limit on the number of does I can have too by my mom. BUT if I cant move out I may just petition for more goats because well it seems like thats all that I am really able to enjoy right now and i would really like to pursue it more and more. I am first working on a bigger pen. My barn can hold at least 10 but my pen is only good for 6-7.

Should have my bigger pen in a couple weeks :D

I like creating my own style of goat too -- thats how you make your mark on the breed world

7. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    OMG, they are more than purty, Jacque..... I should have said, I looked and lusted,...... not I looked and loved. I am going to look at some goaties for sale in a few days. They are the Oberhasli/Alpine grades. I love the Nubians and will one day have some but for now there are no Nubians available close by. So if I like these I'll start here and see where that goes. I am sooooooo wanting to get some goaties into this new barn that my hubby just built for me.

8. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Peggy, grade goats is better than no goats at all! :greengrin: If I would ever sell out for some reason, if at all possible, I will keep a few of my favorites always. :wink:

9. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I am starting to think that you are right, Jacque......grade goats are better than no goats and at the present time I have no goaties.... I am thinking that I am too picky but I am going to post a question in another thread.
    Is it just me or did they raise the price on those goats on that link you started out with???/ I was sure that those first goats were $400. , now they are $600.????????????????????????