WHY????

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jan 4, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Why do people do things like this?

6 full blood, 1 F1 boer bucks born August/Sept 2008
    priced from $30.00 each. Reply by email or phone 0412442880

Okay, firstly how are they making money selling fullblood bucks at 30 a head, secondly the thing that pisses me off is that they are making it damn near impossible for the rest of us to sell our bucks at a decent price!

2. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Eek maybe they meant 300?
    And buy them and resell them :idea:

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Well I sent them an email enquiring as to photos and bloodlines etc. just to see what on earth I get back. Yeah, I wondered whether it was a typo too and they meant 300?

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow.... let us know what they look like ....and if it is a typo... :shocked:

5. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I would worry about the health of the poor beasts!!

6. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    mmhmm mee too victoria

7. prairiewolf

prairiewolf New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    southeast Kansas
    I agree Keren. I could understand someone with a couple pet goats that just wants the experience of raising the kids, but I see people breeding goats with decent sized herds (10-20 goats) and then they sell them at a huge loss for $25 -$30, just doesn't make any sense. :shrug:

8. prairiewolf

prairiewolf New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    southeast Kansas
    Sometimes with Boers that is from people that get into raising them, but don't want to see any of them go for meat, so they give them away as pets or worse they try to sell every single buck born on the farm as a "herdsire". Please don't get mad at me...but they are meat goats, it hurts the meat goat market when people do that and brings down prices. I don't care how good someone's goats are...I run from any herd that's owner thinks every single buck born on the place is herd sire quality and doesn't castrate any of them ever. JMO