The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend gave me some wild locally trapped boar meat. OMG. I have to say it is the YUMMIEST pork I have ever eaten. Hands down.

Smoked meat. I cut it thin (as per his instructions) and sautéed it with onions, garlic and oil.

OMG. Can I say that again? O.M.G. Sooooo good!

Dinner was a while ago, but we're still talking about it. He also gave me some smoked goat... I can't wait to try it!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
LOVE wild boar!! Soo good! I don't like sausage but I love that sausage! LOL!

·
Super Moderator
58,246 Posts
Boy does that sound good! Wild boars are so bad for everyone but sounds like they are yummy in the tummy!

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
mmmm!!!! I wouldn't want to be the one hunting those, but I've heard how tasty they can be!! I just ate lunch, but seeing that picture makes me hungry again. *drool*

·
Registered
693 Posts
We butchered one not to long ago. Bought him for 25.00 and then grain fed him for a few months. The pork we got from him is some of the best I've ever tasted!!

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I rasie hogs as well, and I think home raised or wild is the best meat there is. Store bought is just disgusting, I can't eat store bought after all these years.
Back in the mid west, they raise hogs in double decker hutches. And they only feed the pigs on the top hutches, the hogs on the bottom have to eat the spillage and feces of the other hogs. THAT is disgusting.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the leftover smoke meat for breakfast. YUM. I have a new favorite food. Wild boar. He said he trapped a sow the other day, that was pretty large and had more fat on her. He said she will taste even better than this boar! I have a hard time believing that. The boars here roam in the guava forest so they eat lots and lots of guavas. :)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
I rasie hogs as well, and I think home raised or wild is the best meat there is. Store bought is just disgusting, I can't eat store bought after all these years.
Back in the mid west, they raise hogs in double decker hutches. And they only feed the pigs on the top hutches, the hogs on the bottom have to eat the spillage and feces of the other hogs. THAT is disgusting.
I think I almost puked in my mouth..... :sick:

·
Registered
693 Posts
It IS gross! A local university did a project and raised some hogs like that. Three levels of pigs and only fed the top level. The bottom pig was just as big as the top when butchering time came! Pretty awful if you ask me! I like my critters to be happy, even if I AM going to eat them in the end!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts