Wild Child - SHE KIDDED! :)

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 20, 2011.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I have one pregnant doe left, and she's due April 26th.
    She is a young fullblooded boer whom aborted a month before her due date last year. She was due Christmas eve, and aborted around Thanksgiving :(

Fingers crossed that all goes well, as she is still 5 weeks away. She's got some discharge we noticed yesterday, her vulva is getting pretty big, and her udder is coming along, a little more than a handful now.
    I don't know if she could have possibly been bred any sooner? But we're going to watch her for any signs of going into labor.

She's not real wide, she still has a very thick coat. But she's looking and feeling deeper. You can't even see her udder. I'll have to go out and trim her hair back this afternoon or tomorrow so I can keep an eye on her udder growth.

There are a few random pics I took yesterday, nothing great, as I was outside playing with all the kids <we had relatives all weekend long...it was great :)>.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, the green stuff is Koppertox. We've had a LOT of rain, and I worry about her feet, so for precaution I had to 'pour' some on since the sprayer on the bottle didn't work...yep she wore it, I wore it....hehe...

2. Crossroads Boers

Crossroads Boers Colorful Quality Boers

Feb 19, 2011
    Mossyrock,WA
    Re: Wild Child - fingers crossed....

I hope she does well for you! :)

3. Re: Wild Child - fingers crossed....

Good luck! :thumbup:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

mine are due the same time as wild child! all 7 have about the same amount of udder as her. and their vulvas look similar too

5. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Yay I hope all works out with her. i have one that might be due around that time also. Last year she waited till 2 weeks before her due date to start her udder and this year she started it a week ago so I don't know if she is just getting a head start. Or she may be due sooner then I thought.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She looks good :love: And I think deep enough for twins too :thumbup:

7. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks so much! I was a bit worried because my other does didn't look so big in the vulva area, and with her having the miscarriage late last year, well...I can't help but worry about her. The other does are too busy with their own kids than worrying about picking on her!
    Hopefully I can get some nice pics of her soon. She can be real funny, I think she is a bit camera shy? hehe...

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Well this morning her ligs were really tight, but this evening they were really low. She had a lot of white discharge. Her udder feels about the same. I'll keep an eye on her, but I'm guessing she'll be the kind who has very noticable ligs one time, then the next they feel low.... Poor girl isn't overly big, but she grunts and groans like she is! To be on the safe side we'll go ahead and give the cd/t tomorrow. I wanted to do it today but ran out of daylight.

9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

So her ligs were low but hard earlier today when I checked her. I don't want the other does to stress her out, and I want her to have access to hay and have her own space, so I went ahead and put her in her stall earlier in the evening. She seems to like having her own space away from the others <she's at the bottom of the pecking order>.
    However, she still has me a bit alert, because her ligs feel really REALLY low, like I can't even find them low, except for some much up near the spine. She's not strutted, but her udder seems fuller. I just trimmed her udder area yesterday so that you can actually see it now.
    She's groaning like crazy, and is so uncomfortable. She usually gobbles up all her alfalfa pellets but tonight she just nibbled at them, and just wasn't really interested in eating....so unlike lil miss piggy!
    She has 4 1/2 weeks left unless she was possibly bred at an earlier date, but I never saw the buck pay any attention to her until the end of Dec....

Again just hope I am overworrying since she has miscarried before...

I know one thing.....no way could I EVER put a baby monitor in the barn with her....nobody in the house would be sleeping because of the constant grunting! I take back what I said about Snow White and her stomach.....Wild Child has her whipped on noisy goat!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:hug: babies soon........ :thumb:

11. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thankfully the things that had me worried are quieting down, especially with everything else that keeps coming up!
    Baby/ies very active this evening, kicking up a storm! Hoping for twins from her, but as long as she can have a single that is healthy and no issues getting it out.
    She is inbred, and seems that a lot of the does that were inbred from the farm I bought these goats from had big kids. Her sire is the same as my buck's sire.

Anyway....here are some pics of her from today when we were out in the woods...

please don't mind the chop job I did on her hair....of all the scissors I have I could only find a pair of kids school scissors...at least you can see her udder now!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway...just wanted to share some random pics.

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

she looks good

and WOW! green grass!

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Babies soooon............. :thumb:

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She has a very nice fill going on with her udder...and I'm guessing that she's being picky about eating because those kids are taking up alot of room...small frequent meals is what may help with her appetite. I still think twins!

15. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle

School scisors!? You're a crack up!
    Thats a nice purdy little udder she's got going there!

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks so much Liz! I think your right, as she can be very picky about eating. She used to devour alfalfa pellets, and now she just kind of picks at them. I still offer them every day whether she eats them or not. I'll try dividing her grain into 3 feedings instead of 2.

My girls went out a little while ago to get some things they forgot, and came in freaking out that there was something wrong with Wild Child, that she was sticking her butt up... I figured she was fine, and she was. The kid/s were active and making her very uncomfy so she kept moving her belly trying to get comfy... Poor baby if she is this miserable I can't imagine what she will be like in a few weeks! I'm still pretty certain her due date is April 26th.... what do you guys think?

17. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

I was determined... :laugh:

Thanks for the comments :wink: She went from having only a handful of udder, to that udder in 8 days, as I remember I could hold the bulk of it in my hand! It's definitely grown, and forgot to add that she had more noticable discharge today too. I've been keeping a close eye on her, so hopefully I will catch her when she goes in labor :)

18. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Once again we will be kidding around the same time how fun. Faith is due April 27th I think.

19. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

She is 3 weeks from her due date! I am not sure if she is carrying twins or a single. usually I feel movement on the lower side of her belly, but tonight the movement was way down in front of her udder.
    She's soooo uncomfortable, always moaning and groaning, even when she eats.

Her udder has really filled! Ligs are still as low as they were weeks ago when I was worried she might try to go into premature labor <can't help but worry since she's the only animal I've dealt with that has aborted in late pregnancy>.

Sorry the pics aren't great, and there is poo...if I attempted to clean it off she'd have run off and never turned her backside to me again LOL

Her vulva is getting darker too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's shedding like crazy right now...

Now I am just hoping and praying she goes on or before her due date! 4-26, because 4-28 through 5-1 I am working the Rolex Three Day event!<actually 4 days...>
    But I also hope she doesn't go on the 23rd because I'll be at the local horsetrack photographing too! Sheesh...what if I had waited and had her bred for the end of May...no wait..that wouldn't work...Memorial day weekend LOL

20. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Re: Wild Child - due in 3 weeks pics

Nice udder, Now it can breath lol, lots of hair on that girl