The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband saw some mountain goats on the way home from our daughter's house last weekend.
[attachment=2:iktf246k]DSC06508 Mt Goats near Alpine 4-17-11 PSC8-400x500.jpg[/attachment:iktf246k]
[attachment=1:iktf246k]DSC06509 Mt Goats near Alpine 4-17-11 PSC8-400x500.jpg[/attachment:iktf246k]
[attachment=0:iktf246k]DSC06513 Mt Goats near Alpine 4-17-11 PSC8-400x500.jpg[/attachment:iktf246k]

Attachments

·
299 Posts
I wouldn't mind saddling that big guy up and packing him on the trail. Could venture for weeks with one goat. Look at the size of him!!!

I have goat envy, but don't tell my boys. As it turns out, size does matter. ;)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Some yahoo is going to come along and point out that the Mountain Goat isn't a goat... so it might as well be me.

They are no more related than the Montegues and the Capulets. It really is a great tragedy. Their coupling could have resulted in an offspring one could really shake a spear at.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Bob Jones said:
Some yahoo is going to come along and point out that the Mountain Goat isn't a goat... so it might as well be me.

They are no more related than the Montegues and the Capulets. It really is a great tragedy. Their coupling could have resulted in an offspring one could really shake a spear at.
Yeah! I almost jumped in. But decided I would let another yahoo do it. :arrow:

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Besides that one of these creatures skewered a hiker to death in the Olympic National Park last year. Have you ever seen where these boys take a nap? You may find yourself retriving your packs on the opposite end of a 800 foot cliff. They are impressive.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.