The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buck got a bad case of worms I am treating him now hoping he will pull through and someone gave me young 1 year old buck today. if my other goat pulls through can they be put together or will they fight too much ? My does are in a seperate pen and I want to wait till next month to breed them so can't put him with them yet

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
I have 3 in one pen, they work out their pecking order just as does do only a bit more aggressively .

When rut starts they can get into some serious head butting battles that will end up leaving them with bloody scabby heads, wether they are polled or disbudded with scurs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks !!

·
Administrator
85,671 Posts
Yep, it depends.
After the bucks have been with the Does and in heavy rut, I won't put them together right away, I may rinse the smelly bucks down or bathe them, to get some smell down. I have them in separate area, so they can see each other for a while, until they calm down a bit.
Do Not allow them to share a fence line, they will spar between it and destroy the fence. I find if I remove them from the Does and put them together right away, they will fight harder and more serious. If I let things calm down, they won't spar as bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts