The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an outside doe here to be bred, its all 3 of our first times at this LOL! She got here yesterday, and was all head butting Mace and just didnt want him around. This afternoon when I was cleaning their pen, she was standing for him, snuffling his junk, and then he humped her, she hunched her back for a few seconds, and squatted and a little drip came out of her. Shes still standing for him when he does all his bucky harassments. Do they ever stand when not in heat? I don't want to send her home thinking shes been bred, when shes not. Her owner can only travel on mondays, so she will be here till next monday anyway, but we were prepared for her to stay longer if necessary.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I agree with Ksalvango, once she's not in heat she most likely won't stand for him. She'll get annoyed and try to get away from him or tell him to go away.

If you saw them "do the deed" and she gave a few good hunches then he got the job done.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I would advise keeping her around for at least another week to 10 days. A lot of does will have a "false" heat when first put with a buck, especially when they haven't been around one. All of my Boer does did this this year. Put the buck in and most were in heat 1-3 days after he was put in, he bred them all then they all came back in 5-7 days after the first heat. They haven't been back in since so I am assuming they are bred now.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
My doe did the two heats thing too, and only truly stood for him the second heat. She gave mixed signals during the first heat.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I had a doe that would stand for the buck no matter if she was bred open in heat or not. I agree I would keep her with the buck a bit longer to be on the safe side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts