The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nubian doe tha
t came to me on Jan 17. She was housed with two billies for an unknown amount of time. She looked a little round to me and she had some long strings of whit goo come out two different days. She has a slight udder but could very well be fat deposit. I go back and forth as to wether shes pregnant. Lately ive noticed her right side looks bigger but only after shes done eating a lot. When I first go out to feed her her sides look even. Ill if I can get some pica tomorrow

·
Boers & Nubians
1,911 Posts
She sounds pretty pregnant to me. The discharge shouldn't be a heat cycle because she is a Nubian. I am attaching to this thread so I don't lose it, because I would love to see those pictures.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I am in the EXACTLY same boat! Same breed, same dates, same problem! only I haven't seen any goo. ;) I just posted a new thread, Twix's kidding thread, you should look at my pics and see if they're anything like how your girl is doing! )

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Same boat with my Nubian/Lamancha mix doe. There has been the white goo discharge and her ligs were soft, then they tightened, and now they are soft again... She is big on both sides now, was running with a buck from Nov-April, I won't be repeating that kind of breeding again. She has a twin sister that some think she's preggo, but I don't. She was running with the buck too.....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
check out mine too. Nubian doe-mystery pregnancy.

here are a few pics. I know they are a little dark, but she just ate a little bit ago.

i'll take some more tomorrow. the one w good lighting was taken like two weeks after I got her (late jan.. early feb)

Attachments

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,251 Posts
I think she looks pregnant, the white gooh was probably her mucus plug...that can come out as much as a month beforehand. Can you find the ligs and see how they feel? There is a sticky here somewhere on how to find them. They are only and indicator as they come and go...watch for her udder to fill...etc.

·
2,180 Posts
Only thing I have to add, especially if she's just done eating and the right side is larger, that typically means the rumen expanded during feeding and actually pushed the kids over and down in the body, where they have room. Rumen is quite large!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some say she sounds pregnant, others don't. I've heard the long strings are common in does delivering up to a month away. the long strings on this doe were in Feb, that was 4 months ago.

should I put her in a kidding pen? is there a chance that her udder will stay tiny until she goes into labor or delivers? anyone have experience with does that don't have milk drop till late into the pregnancy or right before delivering? is it possible for her to deliver without building an udder?

I will have had her 5 months on June 17th.

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
I'm thinking she is not bred. It's almost the 1st of June, even if she had not settled until around the 17th of January, that would make her due date around the 17th of June and there should be more udder development - even for a first timer. There is also no cervical dilation.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Strictly controlled "date nights" with the boyfriend rule.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can the dilation also happen? Has anyone had a doe that wasn't dilated or had an udder and still delivered kid/s?

·
2,180 Posts
Can the dilation also happen? Has anyone had a doe that wasn't dilated or had an udder and still delivered kid/s?
Dilation is typically a quick process. The cervix doesn't open until labor for a reason. You don't want the doe to be wide open until she's in labor anyway. There sometimes are issues in which she does not dilate properly, but most cases not.

In order for kids to get through the canal there needs to be partial (kid sometimes help dilate as well), or fully dilated cervix.

·
2,180 Posts
Should the vulva look longer then if pregnant? Should I put her in a kidding pen or not bother?
Please grab a couple recent pics of her cooch, her udder, and a view from the top. Ligaments are going to be your best friend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.