The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spotted buck that is about 4 months old He now has white hair under his dark spots. Will he shed off next year and have white spots where it's dark?

image-701434439.jpg

This is him at a few weeks old. The spots went from black to dark brown and now have white underneath.

Attachments

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
It looks like it, but someone who's seen it happen to one of their goats would have to chime in. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Moon spots can be unpredictable. I've seen chocolate moon spots fade to silver...i've seen them stay the same. It's a toss up really. But sometimes the hair on moon spots is silver at the root and changes to dark chocolate to the tip so when you shave them they can look totally different...some just stay like that. I think your kid will have some chocolate moon spots and some lighter silvery colored moon spots.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I don't know anything about the spots, but to me it seems like his brown is lighter also. Could it be that he is in the sun and his color has bleached out a bit. Not that this accounts for the white underneath...but maybe for the black changing to chocolate...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I would say they will go white. I have had two does with chocolate spots with white undertones and they both went white. One around 9 months and the other at 3 months. It is allot of fun to watch them change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts