The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a goat that is pregnant, day 151
She will not stop screaming unless I'm in the kidding pen with her.

She has food, water, and herd mates in with her
If she even gets a glimps of me she'll call and call and call ... and she doesn't have a cute call either. It sounds like a life long smoker being choked to death. I can only imagine what my neighbors think

Is there any ideas to help make her quite down?

·
Pygmy Guru, Nubian Newbie
159 Posts
I would ignore her, as that tends to work a lot with my goats. Hope the kidding goes well.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
:laugh: Yeah...Karen's got the right idea. You have to stay with her 24/7 until those kids arrive! Duh! ;)

Nah...but I agree, there's not much you can do. I've had does like that and you just have to ignore them or sneak around them so they don't see you...which can be hard sometimes.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I agree.....she may just be scared. Is this her first time? Everytime my goats catch a glimpse of me they start crying.....I understand your pain LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its her second time.
I think she's just a brat.. lol

Luckily it's been raining nearly most of the week and my direct neighbor is out of town for the holiday :)

·
8,251 Posts
My does were like that until I realized that the only time I was in the barn is when they got fed. (I was working 70+ hrs. a week, couldn't spend extra time in the barn,
there wasn't any!) After I went back to a more realistic work schedule, I would pop in and out of the barn at random times, not feeding the goats. They finally learned
that just because I appeared, didn't mean dinner! (except for one- there is always one...) Hopefully, when your doe kids, that will help with the yelling!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lately I had been bringing her treats and throwing them over her shoulder so shed have to turn around and I could take a look back there

She's been much quieter today, so hopefully she's close

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
If she catches a glimpe of you and starts yelling, stand with your back to her and ignore her until she is silent or only doing quiet "mmmas"
I did it for my bottle babies and it seemed to sink in a little bit. They hate being ignored :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, baby goats are so cute, especially bottle babies

1 - 12 of 12 Posts