Will she EVER deliver???? AHHH ( Socks kids are here)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by myfainters, Dec 30, 2009.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Socks is on Day 147 today.... still no kids :hair: ARGH!!! I'm going crazy. It's freezing and raining so I would think it would be a perfect time for her to make have to go out and freeze. :scratch:
    Then again... she must KNOW that I have to go pick up my toddlers from Grandmas house tomorrow (1.5 hours away!) So maybe she is waiting until then.... :sigh: Her bag is so full that laying down looks painful and she has definitely hollowed out along her back.... but she is not acting like she is in labor at all... she has ALL of the labor signs when she delivers.

********* Update... see the "Socks had QUADS!!!" post***********
    Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    http://www.faintheartedranch.net

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Will she EVER deliver???? AHHH

I bet ..that is when she will kid out...they are little boogers that way.... :help: ... we can watch them close for days on end ....to no avail... and as soon as we go to the store ...or have to be gone for a longer period ...they have them on the ground...I know your frustration.... :doh: :hug:

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

Oh... I'm really hoping she doesn't do that. She's my doe that delivers one right on top of the other. If she delivers while I'm gone... then the first one out likely wouldn't make it since she only cleans one at a time. :- (

I've never missed a delivery with this one though... so hopefully that track reecord will stay intact!!!

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Same boat here. Day 149 for Zee and no babies yet, no indication it'll be soon either.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

We are on day 151, still no babies. :hair:

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

OK... Day 151 is just cruel!!!! Tell her your about to go in and maunally break her water! LOL

Socks is still not in labor! Maybe tomorrow??????????????????????????? :hair: :hair: :hair:

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Weird isn't it? Wonder why they all want to wait so late for babies???

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

I heard from another breeder that lots of their does will wait for a Full Moon. on New Years its a full moon this year, only once every 16 years. betcha they make you wait till then.

9. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I know these arent even my goats but I am going nutts :hair: waiting on them. My 2 does are due forever apart one is due January 12th the other Febuary 8th. Thank god for the early one or I would go nutts waiting for the febuary 8th doe. My only way to wait is to look on here and see everyone elses babies and thats not even working out for me...... I am sure they cant hold them in forever. Tomorrow after working 16 hours I hope I come home to some news of your goats have babies. LOL I hope you all get to rest soon and not worry about these 3 does. :)

10. Re: Will she EVER deliver???? AHHH

Yep that is all of us, waiting and waiting. Do you have a barn and or heat lamp? While you are gone if you put the light up and keep the wind off her then you should be ok with the two. Just my two scents worth. All in good time and when she is ready of course. LOL :hug: