The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
IMO, she has a good brisket and a nice strong top line.
If she was not pitching a fit, I would be able to tell more about her neck & her rear left leg could be pushed back and inline with the other.
Looks to have good teat placement.
What do all y'all think?:)

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Also, I think she could be taller and her ears aren't as floppy as i'd want but that is to be expected with an American sometimes:)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I can't see any major faults with her really. Good topline, brisket, depth, however I think she could benefit from stronger pasterns, more width, and maybe less posty legs. Overall though I think she could do well for you :)

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I can't see any major faults with her really. Good topline, brisket, depth, however I think she could benefit from stronger pasterns, more width, and maybe less posty legs. Overall though I think she could do well for you :)
Thank you kaneel!!
I knew I was missing something!!
The Pasterns!! Ahhhh ok that was bugging me:)
They are a little weak.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for responding. It really helps. I'll have better pictures hopefully by tomorrow

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
I think she would do well :) Very pretty doe :)

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Her attachments don't look good to me. I feel they shouldn't have so much space and hour glass shape between the udder and body.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Shouldn't her udder still be more lifted? Or am I missing something?? It looks saggy to me for some.reason. is that how they look dried up? Boers always have small, saggy udders lol

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Ohh I didn't realize she was 7. I thought she was younger for some reason

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
She lacks in attachments, big time...Even dry, their udder like Dani said, should be held up to their body. Actually the weight of the milk will make her weak attachments look even weaker.
I have never seen a goat dry/drying up with the udder coming back and being attached and still having great attachments? Do you by chance have a picture of one?

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Well, she could have been shown if she wasn't dried up. They will not allow you to show a doe over 1 year of age that is dry, a senior doe HAS to be in milk to show.

But my quick 2 cents are,
Cons:
Steep rump
When you set her up, you put the front legs too far forward, and the rear legs are a bit too far back
She does not have much brisket, and what she does have does not blend well into the neck
She could use a longer neck
She does have weak udder attachments, even for a 7 year old they should be much higher and tighter
Spread toes

Pros:
Her legs are almost ideal
She has good pasturns
Fair depth, but would like to see more
Nice topline
And breed character head

Overall she's not too bad, her kids should be better if bred to a nice correct buck.

Hope I didn't seem to harsh, but when somebody wants a goat judged, I will, that is my expertise, I used to be a judge.
But I would score her an 88, but another judge might place her differently. Plus it isn't the same placing something through a picture as it would be hands on.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Well, she could have been shown if she wasn't dried up. They will not allow you to show a doe over 1 year of age that is dry, a senior doe HAS to be in milk to show.

But my quick 2 cents are,
Cons:
Steep rump
When you set her up, you put the front legs too far forward, and the rear legs are a bit too far back
She does not have much brisket, and what she does have does not blend well into the neck
She could use a longer neck
She does have weak udder attachments, even for a 7 year old they should be much higher and tighter
Spread toes

Pros:
Her legs are almost ideal
She has good pasturns
Fair depth, but would like to see more
Nice topline
And breed character head

Overall she's not too bad, her kids should be better if bred to a nice correct buck.

Hope I didn't seem to harsh, but when somebody wants a goat judged, I will, that is my expertise, I used to be a judge.
But I would score her an 88, but another judge might place her differently. Plus it isn't the same placing something through a picture as it would be hands on.
I understand where you're coming from:) not harsh at all.
In Florida, weird I know, we can show a doe that isn't in milk no matter what age but don't be expecting to place high.
For me setting her up, I get that too. Lol she was stomping and screaming. She wasnt happy. Plus she got stung by a horse fly while the picture was being took.
In my eyes, pictures don't do her justice. Like you said, once you get your hands on her, I think she's a totally different doe.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
28,462 Posts
Here too we can show dry does too ;) just depends on the area I guess :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts