The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been thinking about getting a myotonic buck to breed my does and keep some doelings out of him. But my question is, will his kids still faint? Even if they are only half fainting? Also please tell me positive things about texmaster goats. I am just learning. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Someone with more experience will chime in, but from what I have read 50% fainters do not faint.

·
Killer_goat
63 Posts
Same here, myotonic gene is recessive so if a fainting goat is cross bred the kids will not faint. At least from everything i have read. :)

·
243 Posts
I raise myotonics and as far as I'm aware, first generation myos don't faint. However, their offspring might if bred to another myotonic. By the way, I adore fainting goats and I think everyone should have at least one! :)

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
Ok, here is what i can contribute...

My buck (pictured below) was sold to me as a Pygmy...purebred. He is apparently a Fainter/Pygmy....she said she raised both but her goats were all larger than a Pygmy??? I am still unsure. So anyway, Point is....he does not faint, but does run stiff legged when scared. His back legs get "posty".....I had four of his kids this year and none faint...or even freeze up at all.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts