Will you do a pooch test for me please?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by QotL, Jun 9, 2008.

1. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    Maine
    Can you guys tell me what you think? Hopefully this pic is close and clear enough.

[​IMG]

Here's an above the goat shot.. she's still really thin, although it's getting better :clap: Please excuse my slippers....

[​IMG]

Thanks!!

2. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    How far along would she be?? My guess is................no.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am not 100% but I would say yes (Lori what do you think?)

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Would she be a first freshner?

I am going to say yes from what I can see of the Cha-Cha picture. Do you know when she could have possibly be bred?

5. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    Maine
    Yes she would be an FF.

Not sure... I've only had her for two weeks, and the prev. owner has her bucks and does running together.

She kept stretching her back today... 3x in 5 min. Not a huge stretch just... sort of dropped it so the entire thing was flat to her tail. Reminded me of that yoga position 'downward facing dog' :slapfloor:

Wanted to add: Would a side picture help?

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I say YES. When is she due? She needs some food on her bad. But she is sure a sweet looking girl.

7. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    Maine

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I would also give her some BOSS. (Black oil sunflower seeds). That will help and try some beet pulp. Maybe even some straight alfalfa hay. maybe you are feeding alfalfa already, if you are not. Does she have a good mineral free choice power? That is really important right now also. What do her eye lids look like? Have you had a fecal float run on her?

Don't you hate it when people do that to their goats? At least you have her and she will get some food in her.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I too would say yes....and a side shot would help as sometimes the thin girls have deep bellies. I agree with the extra feed as she is going to be putting more into her pregnancy and not keeping any for herself. Over the next few days you can slowly increase the grain to a minimum of 3 1/2 cups a day as well as good hay, she needs some meat on her bones but at the same time you don't want the kid(s) to be too big, sounds like she has a very good loving home now and I'm sure she's going to thrive in your care.

10. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm going to say yes as well, she does look it from the cha cha picture. And the stretching she is doing? I have had does stretch like you describe during pregnancy; usually about 2 months afer breeding they would start.