Williow is in goat heaven...

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by SouthernSky, Feb 23, 2008.

1. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    :angel: Our goat (we have had her since she was a bottle baby) "Willow" passed away late Tuesday night. I found her in the barn Wednesday morning, I had gone out to feed the goats & when she didn't come to eat my heart just dropped. I knew something was wrong, I thought maybe she just had gotten her horns stuck in the fence again. She was our only un-registered goat, she was a nubian/boer cross(we think) with horns & had the habit of geting her horns stuck; she would see the Nigerians doing it & would stick her head through the fence also. Well after walking all around the pasture looking for her, I walked towards the barn & saw her laying on her side. I looked her over & found a bullet hole in her neck, it appears some idiot (that's being nice) thought it would be fun to kill a helpless goat!!! I called the sherriff dept. out & they filed a report, but said there wasn't much they could do really - NICE!!! I carried her to her favorite tree in the pasture & I buried her there. We will miss you baby girl!!! :tears:

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That's heartbreaking- there are some unspeakable people in the world. I'm so sorry that something this awful should have happened to your sweet girl.
    I had to add how angry I am for you- such cruel ugly people.

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh WOW! Only a complete jerk (I too am being nice) would do something like that to an innocent animal! Prayers to you and your family. :tears:

4. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    Re: Willow is in goat heaven...

Thank you guys!!! No one in my family really undersatnds that my goats are my children, they just think of them as goats. when I told my parents, all they said was oh, did you call the police? My husband does like the goats, but nowhere near as much as I do. "Willow" was his favorite goat & she would follow him around like a little puppy dog. We miss her a lot & so does the Nigerians, her best buddy, "Katia" wouldn't leave when I was burying her, she just stood there. I don't know whether she understood what was going on, but she knows that she is gone now & has been looking for "Willow" everywhere. It is so sad... it makes this even worse for me. We have since moved our goats to our fenced in area where we keep our 2 dogs (it's right behind our house) for awhile to avoid any more idiots hurting our babies. We will have to move some of them back to their pasture soon though as our kidding season is getting close & putting them back in possible harms way has me a little worried to say the least. :worried:

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I am so sorry this happened to your sweet goat. I will never understand some people. :(

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Do you have some neighbors that could help you keep watch? Even if it was a neighbor who did this, maybe letting everyone know will make the person embarassed and cautious.
    Maybe posting a sign saying no shooting or hunting or something? Not that it would really stop such a mean person but maybe it would let you neighbors know that there is no reason for anyone with a gun to be there.

7. Rachel K

Rachel K New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Dyersville, Iowa
    I am truely sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

What kind of sicko would take joy out of hurting a innocent animal, and in the process also hurting the owner ...

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh that is just horrible!! I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you catch this guy :( :hug:

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm so sorry.My family other than my grandparents don't really understand my love for goats either.

10. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i am so sorry for you :grouphug: why are some people so sick & crul.

11. ilroost

ilroost New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    weldon,il
    Sorry for your loss. Why people do such stupid things i will never understand

12. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    There sure are some strange people in the world. Yes, we have 3 neighbors that are watching out for any strange activity at all. We will have to put some of the goats back out in that pasture in the next 2-3 weeks so we're going to put a camera out on the barn so we can keep an eye out also. We may have some info as to who did it, so my husband is gone to talk to the guy now to see what he has to say.

13. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    That is horrible!!! I am so sorry for your loss!!!!!! :hug: I would be extremely angry and I am sorry but the person that shot my goat would be very sorry they did so....my whole family knows how much I love my goats and my husband would be the first to do something to the peron who killed my goat.....I can bet the person would go through a beating then go to jail.....that just makes me so mad that someone would be so mean and kill an inocent goat!!!! :angry: :veryangry:

14. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    Great ending to the sad event; we actually caught the idiot that shot "Willow"!!! He's being charged with trespassing & animal cruelty. We had an idea of who it was & my husband had confronted him, which made the guy mad apparently because he came back the next night when my husband was at work. I called the police & sent our dog(a Pit Bull mix who loves the goats, she thinks she's part of the herd-LOL) after him (she got some nips in, good girl :greengrin: ), then I went out to keep him here until the police arrived.

15. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I hope the police make it clear to him that he needs to rethink his behavior. Good for lyou.

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh my - I am so sorry for your "willow" and for you and your family's loss. :angel:

I am so glad though that you caught the man that did this horrible thing to your family. Did he say Why he shot her? I hope they slam him hard at the police station. I would also call the local humane society, the ASPCA, and the media. That way it is getting attention and they will not just "slap him on the hand". Just a thought!

:hug: :hair: :hug: :hair: :hug:

17. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
    I'm sorry for your loss, and I hate ignored people with guns