The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
New To Social Networking Not So Much To Goats
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just put down our Lab of 14 years this morning. He was trained by my sister to be a South-East Guide Dog as a 4-H project. He was easily the most loved dog in their training class but he got arthritis and so never got his "diploma". But luckily for us, he got to come home with us. I am fifteen so obviously I've know him since I was a little over a year old. He was so very kind hearted, you could trust him around anyone or anything. He used to go to school with my mom when she was a substitute teacher and Winston taught several kids to get over their fears of dogs and encouraged reading because my mom would tell him to lay down in their "reading corner" and kids would lay their heads against him while they read. He will be very much missed. Love you, Winston. image-2220460128.jpg image-446952271.jpg image-154385076.jpg I wish I had a less recent photo of his face. In his last weeks he lost the... Smile. :(. I wish y'all could've seen him with his big brown doe eyes gleaming and his ears perked up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm facing that as well my dearly loved yellow lab is 16, deaf as a post and has arthritis in her hip from an old injury. but have put her on cosequin and so far it seems to be helping. She is my best friend and so i'm trying to keep her comfortable. so hard!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts