Winter plan or thought tested and working so far...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by jdgray716, Jan 8, 2010.

1. I have thought about how to help my thinner coated goats and younger goats stay warm. Well I went and got some children or JR waterproof vests and jackets and cut the sleeves shorter and so far they are staying on the goats I have tested on for two days. I will tell you how the others do once I have had a few days test with them.

2. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    My sister used to used old down or waterproof vests that she would put on "upside down" so the snaps went down the spine. worked for her!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Great idea....I'd love to see pics... if you can get them JD.... :wink:

4. I will get some.

So snaps work? I was affraid to try them as I thought it would come off to easy. Thus far I have uses zippers and snaps etc over when I can find them.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hi5: :wink: :thumbup:

6. Sorry for the delay. Been busy with the old taxes. I will try and get more pics for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems to be working great so far!

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that looks so neat............great idea..... I love it.... :love: :greengrin: :thumbup:

pretty goat models ..you have on the runway...LOL :wink:

I know what you mean on taxes...they are a pain..... :sigh:

8. Yea, they did not like it at first but I tell you, they sure did one the shakes went away. Now it's like nothing to them to have it on.

Taxes would have been easier but every year I just take it down to the old H&R block. But little did I realize there is much that had not been done that could have been to better me so this year I am doing it. FUN FUN

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It's alot of work... getting taxes ready....
    I am glad ...you are getting more out of your taxes...that is a good feeling.... :thumbup:

10. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What a great idea :thumb: , wish it would work for my boys! I spent a fortune ordering goat coats from Hoeggers for my guys, but they are very nice coats :greengrin: !