Winter seriously this is why I live in the Mid South

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Wcd, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Now banana salad I know. My recipy contains mayo, brown sugar, chilli powder, mustard and a small amount of coconut milk as the dressing over the bananas. Dont forget the pinch of salt and teaspoon of apple vinegar

2. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    My mom used to cut up bananas, sprinkle sugar on them then put fresh milk on the whole thing. Man, I haven't thought of that in years! Probably not healthy! But what a treat!

The best Mexican food I ever had was this little restaurant in Brighton, Colorado back in 1981. Really good food! Nothing holds up to that wonderful little restaurant.

Moers kiko boars likes this.

3. HMNS

HMNS Active Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Brown County, Ohio
    YES!! I love the food in Louisiana!! Catfish, shrimp, gumbo, crawfish, etc., etc., etc...YUM!!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    My daughter worked on a shrimp farm in Hawaii. She brought home shrimp so often that the kids started complaining, "Shrimp again?!!"
    Not me though; I couldn't get enough of it. Especially when it was free!

6. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    We went to Galveston a few weeks ago and my dad found a fresh seafood store. He bought a whole bunch of shrimp and grilled it in the RV park we were staying at. I kid you not, within minutes there was at least ten more grills fired up around us! The smell was just more then they could bear!!

7. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    So. Sat we are helpin a friend work his cows.... wormin, fly tags out, covexin, blah blah. Anyhoo.... i found a bag of dried apples in my cabinet yesterday. Dried apples mean FRIED PIES. I am thinkin i might be nice and make them tomorrow to share with everyone workin saturday. They sure would be good eatin on a chilly day.

8. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    My papa ised to do the bananas and milk. Yum!

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.
  9. Panzareta

Panzareta New Member

Oct 29, 2020
    Waco, Texas
    Love perogies! Easy enough to buy in the grocery store here in Texas.

10. HMNS

HMNS Active Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Brown County, Ohio
    I like the way you think...YUM! I think we might need help on our farm too....LOL!

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  12. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    All the flies are almost gone! Yay cold yukky weather! Die flies Die! Then the cobwebs will be sucked up and for a few glorious months, limited insect interaction! (dance) ( I'll deal with the Mouse War- see Pet peeves!)

13. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Oh yummy! Don't forget the cheddar cheese or cinnamon sugar (not on the same pies)

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.
  14. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Welcome fellow Texan! I'm just a bit north of you. Please introduce yourself and your herd in our introduction area so you can get a proper welcome. Don't forget pictures ....we promise to tell you how adorable your goats are :)

15. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Ok, now I'm starving.... lol ;)
    How about some Hatch green chile chicken stew with potatoes and sour cream and cheddar cheese topping it. Navajo Tacos on fried bread or papas asada...
    Spicy South West Fare YUMMY for cold days...

16. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Lol! Ohio is a bit far. But i DO k ow how to use the post office. Hahahaha

17. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Awww now..how about fried bread..slab o ribs grilled & spicy..grilled prawns ..and some cowboy beans and grilled corn on the cob. Yes ma'am. Now we are talking a good hot meal! (rofl)(rofl) Then if your real nice..I'll fix a coconut cream.pie from scratch or lemon meringue!

18. alwaystj9

alwaystj9 Active Member

Apr 10, 2019
    Zachary, Louisiana
    Panzareta -- You are named for the race horse?? Although in Louisiana, I am 3/4 Polish & love Peirogis. Hard to find here and someone would put hot sauce on them if I did find some!

Iluvlilly! and GoofyGoat like this.
  19. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Hi there! I’m just northeast of you! Welcome!!

Iluvlilly! and GoofyGoat like this.
  20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California