wireless barn camera

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by moday, Oct 27, 2020.

1. moday

moday Member

Oct 10, 2007
    I'm getting older and 2 am visits to the barn to check on very pregnant does is getting more of a chore. Anyone have experience with wireless camera's to view a birthing pen and then use a phone or a computer as the screen? I hope not to spend too much money but I'm curious what others have used....audio would be nice too . I live in Michigan so it may be cold too....temps between 0 and 30F during January/February.

thanks in advance, moday

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

3. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Hi, these are the cameras I use. I really like them. I also have a couple of different lighting shots ( night and overhead light) they also have their own router and wifi so it's plug and play.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. friesian49

friesian49 Active Member

Jul 2, 2018
    PA
    So many options, depends on distance from router, price, power source, wires vs wireless. I'd take a look at the link Toth posted, I've been a part of some very in-depth camera threads and someone probably already posted about a camera you are thinking of getting. I have Arlo.

toth boer goats and Iluvlilly! like this.
  5. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    I have the Arlo pro. But i mainly got them because they are 100% wireless, I only have so many plug ins for electric, and totally weather proof because I don’t lock anyone up in the barn unless I have to. They are not the cheapest, but fit what I needed 100%. They are very simple to set up and download the app on your phone.

Iluvlilly! and GoofyGoat like this.