The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Fonda tomorrow for the 2-ring doe show. It was kinda a last minute decision so I'm probably going to stay up all night preparing. :dazed:

I'm bringing Appoline, Sissy, Calli & Ethel.
(Yonderhill Appoline)
(Vincek Farm's Sisyphus)
(Yonderhill CaLiGo)
(God's Love Farm A Ethel)

The judges are Todd Biddle & Tricia Ricotta. Tricia gave Appoline her first leg last September as a 2 freshener so I'm hoping she remembers her! ;) Lol!
So I shaved Appoline's udder with a disposable razor, put lotion on it. She's looking good! I really really hope we get atleast one leg or even get her finished! I hope I'm not jinxing myself! :p

Calli probably won't do too well since she is a raging monster who likes to jump around on her hind legs instead of walking.She also tried to continuously bite me while I shaved her face. :mad: Maybe she'll get some good experience? Lol!

Wish us luck, send prayers etc!!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Good luck!! Can't wait to hear how you do! :D

Maybe Callie will surprise you and be good lol

ETA~ what type of lotion did you put on Her udder?? I'm still learning how to razor udders and make it look nice lol! I may do it for our show next weekend.. Still debating...

·
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you :D

Haha... maybe when pigs fly. ;) I'll need to search for someone buff to show her for me. :ROFL:

First off, make sure you use a GOOD razor. I tried it on myself first to make sure it wouldn't cut her. I've never used shaving cream I just make sure I use a lot of water and trim it down as short as I can with regular clippers first. I just used plain smelling lotion. I let it sit on her udder for a few minutes to soak in. I did have to wipe quite a bit off with a rag though because it had this soapy look. Her udder felt lovely after though. :) I was afraid about the lotion irritating her udder, but she seems fine. I don't think smelly lotion would make much of a difference if that's all you have though. I think the kind I used was hand lotion..

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
:D and don't forget pics!! ;) and if Ashley is there with Birdy or Candy I will also need pics of them ;) LOL! Jk ;)

I'll come do it! LOL! I'm not very buff though :ROFL:

Ok thanks :)
The razors I use on the goats are disposable bic ones.. I have used them on me in the past fine :)
I use my shave gel/cream on them too with lots of warm water. And I use my 30 blade first. I just don't halo the udder well at all lol! And I can't get the whole teat so they have like Pom Poms ROFL!!!

Ok good to know :) I have a udder lotion that I use for me lol! (I have wicked dry hands and it works really good! Lol!) and a goat milk lotion.. I'll Try both and see what one works better :)

·
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, We have our County Fair this week so I've been there all day & every day. Anyways Fonda was good. Appoline got 2nd & 3rd in a large competitive class. ( I personally didn't agree with all the placings. Not just in my class...)

I believe Rock Candy took Todd's ring. Woohoo!
Then my friend Julie took the other ring. I don't think Rock Candy even came in first in her age class under Tricia! Each judge is different I suppose. :)

I had my 4-H show today. Things went extemely well! I'll make another topic for it!! :D :D :D

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Congrats! I know what you mean.. It drives me up a wall sometimes lol!

Yay Candy!!! Two more wins to go!
They sure are! It's interesting to see what each judges 'style' is though.

·
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol! I just need to be the judge of every show. ;)
You should of seen our 4-H judge today.. she was asking us questions about the scorecard and she didn't even know it herself. She said my friend got a question correct and then came back moments after to say that it was actually wrong. Also she told me I got a question about the scorecard correct, yet when I double checked it in a book after the show ring I had gotten it wrong.. haha.

Yup, My boy better pass on those udders!

I noticed that Tricia really looked at capacity alot while Todd really liked to see the udder texture..

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Lol!!!

Wow, that's interesting lol!
That's the part I stink at.. I know (well used to know) the scorecard.. As soon as I walked into the ring I lost it all!

Sure hope he dose! I may have to snatch a kid up lol! ;)

Interesting :)
Any thoughts on Bob Bartholomew? he's one of the judges judging the show I'm going to Saturday..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts