wont be around for awhile

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by AlaskaBoers, May 24, 2009.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I'm headed off to Wisconsin tonight!
    I'll be there until June 9th...that's a long time from internet access!! :help:

I might be able to walk to the library though and get on TGS.

we have 2, 4 hour flights, and a 50 min. flight to get there.....
    and on the way back we have a 50min flight and a 7-8 hour flight...man I dont like flights!

I really dont like leaving my goats, and my pregnant pig that was due yesterday (there almost as bad as waiting for goats to kid!!!) but there is an old timer's rule of thumb that-- small litters come late and with mostly female, and big litters go early with mostly male. I can expect a small litter- when she was 2 months pregnant she got arthritis from the cold and had to be given antibiotics for 5 days, so hopefully that didnt effect the quality.
    And with my helpers who will be doing the castration, injections and teeth clipping when i'm gone, it'll be good that its a small litter.

okay! enough rambling...I need to finish packing, and write up detailed instructions on how to run this place. :)

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Have a safe trip! Watcha goin to Wisconsin for?

Its always so hard to leave the animals isnt it? Especially when they are so close to giving birth! :GAAH:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    relatives, a bunch of them. lol.
    we were thinking of the Dells since its only 40min away, but we go there everytime, so i think were going to need to find something else to do. lol

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    have a blast Katrina... :thumbup: ..we will miss ya......I will pray that you .... your family stay safe ....and your animals are in good health ...when you return ....... :pray: :hug: :greengrin:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    C Ya when ya get back! Have fun and try not to worry too much about your critters!

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I"M BACK!

long flight though..ugg.
    We got home at 1am, still light outside, so that was great. Got to see all of my babies which have all taken off on growth spurts.

lots of sad news while I was gone though;
    :(
    Our pig had only 1 baby, five days after I left. :shocked: yeah I know. and it's a boy...he's cute though- soild red.
    so I think were going to sell all three of our pigs and convert the pens to goats kidding areas.

And then, My prized goat- Zephyr got out of her pen, and of course the only goat with a collar on gets tangled on a young pine in our yard, and strangled herself. :sigh: luckily her kid..Zenith wa already weaned.

Well...I NEED to go mow the lawn. looks like a jungle.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I was just thinking about you - so glad to hear you are safe and sound back at home.

So sorry for your loss :( that's disapointing about the pig. More goats YAH

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yes if all goes planned..i'll have many kids next spring, i need them- my supply cant meet the demand right now!

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad you are back!
    Sorry about Zephyr, how sad :hug:

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Glad you are back. Hope the trip was better then the return. :tears:

I am so sorry about your doe. That is why I tell all my 4H kids never to leave a caller on their goats, even if they are break away. :hug:

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh the trip was great. very relaxing. though i missed the mountains. :)

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Glad your trip went well....we missed you Katrina... so happy you are back safe.... :wink: :stars:

I am sorry about the piglets... :( :hug:
    but ..congrats on the boy....solid red is a cool color or should I say hot color...hehe :D
    sorry you are getting rid of you pigs.....but it would make more room for your goaties.. :wink:

Oh Katrina ....I am so sorry about Zephyr..... :( my heart goes out to you....what a terrible accident.......it was a blessing..that her baby.. was already weaned.. :hug:

Again ....so happy your back..... :wink: :greengrin:

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks pam.!

ah the piglet # isnt such a bag thing..they eat alot. LOL

but alas, never a dull moment here..now skat is looking pretty bad. grr. she's getting old.

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome... :wink: :greengrin:

Sorry ...you are having so many problems ...with your return home.....can't be fun at all :( :hug:

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    that's why I always worry before I leave on a trip I guess.

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know Katrina.. :( ..it is never easy...... :hug:

17. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    but i needed a break. relax = good.

since skat seems a bit more lively, things are getting better and the lawn is mowed. :wink:

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wink: Glad the chores are done...... :wink: :greengrin: