Woo - Hoo!!! I got exactly what I wanted!!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by kelebek, Jun 10, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So everyone knows that ONE DAY I would get a splash Nubian. I have always loved them, but thought that it would be a bit before I would be able to buy one - to many spoons in the pot at the moment.

Anyway, last Fall a lady contacted me that wanted to use my Nigerian buck, that I have since sold, for breeding her Alpine X and her Nubian. It was for her daughters 4H project. I let her bring the girls out and stay at the house. I saw both be bred and everything was fine. They were both a little thin - but were gaining weight. (she had just got them and had them at the vet and tested for everything!!)

Anyway, she took them home - and neither of them took. So I offered to let her bring them back out to the house, but she didn't want to only because of the drive (she lives almost 2 hours from me). So she bred them both to a Boer, then brought them home. The Alpine X took, but the Nubian did not. Funny thing is is that the Nubian has kidded previously.

I never charged her for the breeding attempt or keeping them for a month. She did bring some feed and hay - but I used alot of my own. I always told her that I loved the Nubian.

So anyway, she decided to let both of the does go, and has bought some new goaties - so she is GIVING this Nubian to me. I will put her with my Boer and see what happens - if she is baren - she will be given away as a pet - but I would really like to get some meat babies from her and milk her! Her name is Trisha.

Enjoy!! :dance:

Attached Files:

2. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    She is a gorgeous girl. Reminds me a lot of this Nubian doe Princess my 4-h leaders used to have.

I hope she takes for you. I've always like the Nubian/Boer cross and she might throw some color for you. And everyone is crazy about spotted Boers nowadays.

3. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    CONGRATS! You are one lucky lady and that goat is beautiful. :wahoo: :stars: :clap:

Suellen

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am really wondering if it was a deficiency or the stress of moving her after breeding that she would reabsorb the babies - but who knows.

That would be awesome - a splatter paint Boer!!

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    She is beautiful!! Congrats!!! :stars:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I sure do see why you are so excited. :leap: She is a very nice looking gal. Congratulations

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Very pretty girl!! Congrats!

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    :love: :drool: *Grabs goat and runs off with her*

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats cool Allison. If she has been bred before there is a possibility she just doesn't like the bucks or something. Also being skinny can cause dificencies and then she won't settle.

With the time you have to feed her right and get her on the right track and you have several bucks to choose from she certainly will get bred this time around.

congrats

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison..she's beautiful!! Congrats! Right now she doesn't look too skinny to me..lol...those spots are just well...gorgeous! She's really nice in form too, level back and her rump isn't looking too steep at all...hope she settles with your boy!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She looks real good now!! This was last October I believe when I first met this goat. I am finding out if she is registered - I am not sure. If so, I would LOVE to show her!!!

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    She's very pretty! Love the spots!

13. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    Oh! It looks like somebody got soot on a white goat and tried to dab it off. :)
    I love her! That coloring is just gorgeous. :drool:

14. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Are you sure you arent getting her for me????? She is gorgeous!!!

15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Congrats! She's stunning! We want more piccies! :wink:

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    as soon as I get her to the house I will be sure to take alot of them!!!! I am waiting till probobly next month to pic her up - have a lot of things going on up here, and would like to find a nice Nubian buck to breed her to now to see if she takes or not.

17. goatstafson

goatstafson New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Oh I really love her! If you breed her Nigerian, I would so buy one of her babies!

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have thought about it - but I am going to put her with the Boer till my new Nigerian is mature enough to breed. I would love to see her crossed with the blue eyed boy that has bright coloring also.

19. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    She is beautiful!! And, I agree - more piccies!! :clap:

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok - I am hoping to pick up this lovely girl on Monday - and guess what ....... I am picking up her "friend" also. An alpine cross that is IN MILK!!! woo hoo! Right now she is still nursing her doeling - and giving 2 quarts in the morning!

Since I have a pygmy that should deliver any minute with a kid that is going to be a bottle baby - this is GREAT! I will not have to make formula! AND for the possible quads in late August / early September I should have plenty stored between this Alpine and my 2 Boer / Saanan cross does that will kid in August!

I was so worried about paying for formula for all of these guys!

Just had to share the news!

But, shhhhh ...... hubby has only "briefly" been told about the Nubian - but not the Alpine - LOL!