woohoo down to 29 goats!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sixshooterfarm, Nov 13, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    So I sold a whole bunch and only have 3 goats to go before I am down to 29 goats!! and those goats are sold just waiting to be picked up YAY!!! OF course I am sure that I will end up getting a couple more lol, but I am down to my goal! We are going to hold on to these 29 and see what babies they produce in the spring. If I dont like their udders or just dont like the way their babies look I will probably get rid of them. My goal is to actually be down to like 20 GREAT animals with excellent bloodlines. but we will see how that goes. so here is who I have....sorry this list is gonna be long!!

Fantasia
    honeybun
    Chamomile
    sangria
    fiona
    lola
    moonbeam
    corona
    sandy
    eureka
    goober
    crystal ( mite go as a pet if I cant get papers)
    Hope
    minuet
    Dotty
    mayflower
    Fortune
    lompico
    lilly
    sassy
    x-mas

Bucks:
    Dom
    Hercules
    El DOrado
    Flash
    Romeo
    Jesse
    Rider
    Happy

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wahoo: way to go sixshooter.........fantastic news ....see I knew things would look up for you ... with our prayers ....that of course helped .... :) :leap:

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!! Its hard to do when you're doing it, but its such a relief when its over. :clap:

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow ashley ...you couldn't be more right.... :)

5. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    when i got back into goats i promised DH 2 does and a buck
    i got 14
    then i sold 6
    now i've gotten 4 more
    lol
    poor hubby

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah I started with 4 - then within a couple months up to 15 then babies - 20+ then was told to sell a bunch off so I did and got horses and sheep - and now I am back up to 21 goats plus the 2 horses and 6 sheep :ROFL: :ROFL:

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I wonder how that happened...LOL :ROFL:

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i beat everyone.. i started with one.. and at one point about two months ago i had 28? yea.. badddd

getting down to 9 though.. hopefully. i have a meeting with an old FFA teacher saturday, going to see if his chapter wants to buy the boers for a breeding project

9. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    It was hard gettin rid of them but like you said once I did it was nice when it was over. I went out and fed and fed the normal that I would have 40 goats......they were still eating it all the next morning lol. It is amazing how just 10-15 goats reduces your feed sooooo much! It will help on money, help to keep my goats healthier, and healthier for my insanity lol. I just had too many and it was getting to the point were it is just no fun anymore, now it is getting fun again. I am literally watching my goats fatten up in front of my eyes and they just seem soooo happy! makes me want to cry with joy!! Then I got some bad news today.... I have been battleing kidney stones for 3 years now, started with two stones in each kidney, then I went to the hospital a couple of months ago and they said that each kidney was complelty filled with stones. So we have been doing test and everything and they think that I have a tumor on my thyroid gland. They said 85% of them are not cancerous and IF I do have one suergery should fix it if it hasent taken over the entire thyroid. That would explain why I can loose weight from my pregnancy and possibly why I cant get pregnant again. Everything is out of wack!! oh well we will see what happens, every one pray I dont have one please and if I do have one it is not cancer and that is can be safley removed!!

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Kidney stones (shudders at the thought of the pain)! Sorry you have to go through this and the tyroid problem. I'll pray for you :hug: dear. I have some experience, have a couple of friends had the same problem...both benign...fine once it's treated. You may have to take thyroid meds...but that's not a biggy. How are they going to fix the kidneys? That's what would worry me the most! :pray: :pray:

I'm so glad you are successfully "rehoming" some goats! Congrats! Like you I have to be careful not to get too many. This is a lesson for me...thank you.

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes the feed bill change is a HUGE relief. I feel like caring for them all is so much easier. The hassle at feed time is over, the pushing and shoving is mostly gone. :p Its just better all around.

We will be praying for you to have a quick and easy recovery especially if you do have to have surgery. Hopefully they can fix it and you'll have no more problems again. I don't want anymore children. I'm glad we can't anymore, but if you do and have trouble it can be so trying on you. Take care of yourself! :hug:

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    my uncle has thyroid cancer and they say it is the "best kind of cancer" to get if you are going to get cancer.

But lets hope it isnt cancer!!! :pray:

I to love the new feed bill --- especially with no one milking and just raising the two kids (Gigi and Jitterbug). Once they are pregnant though I have to up the feed....bummers. LOL

Feed went down in price though :leap: I was so excited.

Speaking of things going down in price -- gas is $1.91 here :wahoo:

13. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I think we are down to 1.81 here . . .Stacy . . .congrats, six-shooter!

I started out with 0 goats . . . :slapfloor: . . .my grandma owned two . . .so I took care of them for 2 years before getting my own Nubian doe, Molly. . . and now I am onto the second year of having a total of 4 mature goats! :ROFL: . . .usually I have maybe 4-6 babies to go with them, so counting them I go up to about 10 goats in all every summer. . .

14. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    were still at 2.37 a gallon here in socal.. grr and hay is still an arm or leg ( you get to choose now)

six shooter, i know you pain with the kidney stones. i hope everything gets better fast! and no cancer either

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh wow sixshooter .... :( .......that is bad news ...... :cry: ......but with all our prayers we will get you through your bad times we will pray.....that you will get better soon.... back to good health ....I hope it isn't cancer as well... :pray: :hug:

on your goat sells and feed bill it does make you feel so good..... :) :thumbup:

16. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Sixshooter. . . :hug: . . . I hope you get better . . .

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    no fair toth yours is cheaper :GAAH:

19. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Our gas here is 2.09 right now....hope it gets down to under $2. I went and had blood drawn and have to wait till december 12th to get back to the doctor to hear any results. I have to do a 24 hour urine collection..... oh fun! Now since I am completly in the dark, what do they do if you have a tumor?? It is surgery right? I dont mind taking the thyroid medicine at all because it will help me loose the weight that I have been struggling with. I have no clue what they are going to do about my stones, I think they hope that if it is my thyroid they can take care of that and prevent me from having anymore and I have to just take pain meds and flush out the ones I have, but if it is not my thyroid I have a severe issue and the doctor as she put it would be stumped. SOmething is out of wack and we dont know what it is, until we get the results and if that turns out negative....well then I dont know what we will do next. thank you all for your kind words!!

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am sorry ...I hope yours drops soon ...and sixshooters to ...LOL :) :cool:

wow that is a long wait.....Just try to stay calm and don't get yourself really stressed I know it is easier said then done :( ......besides it might be something simple and not cancer.....With our prayers....together we care and will pray you are going to be alright sixshooter.. :grouphug:
    dear lord.....please help Rachel in her time of need ... :pray: ...to hold on to your strength ...to get her through these tough times....to make her well and heal her....to be healthy again....AMEN :pray: :hug: