Woohoo!!! Finally we have breedings....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I've been waiting as patiently as I can for my does to start going in heat. No such luck.... until yesterday! Well I walked Cruiser out on lead and he immediately bred Minuet so I brought her and Cruiser up to the breeding pen. Civil was persistant trying to get in each time I went through the gate and finally she succeeded so she's now bred too to Cruiser. Later after I moved the trio to the bigger breeding pen I noticed Anna at the gate staring towards Cruiser. So I let her in the smaller pen and got Rev. He's 6 months and not proven. Well he went through all the normaly bucky behavior and wasn't doing a whole lot. Seemed to almost lose interest anyway. So I tried a bigger buck. Anna rammed the devil out of the bigger buck so we put him back. She only had eyes for little Rev. haha

Anyway, removed Civil from Cruiser and Minuet since she's an absolute attention hog. Rev was highly interested in Civil and finally bred Anna! Yay!!!!

So if all 3 took we'll have 3 due 2-26-09. Finally!!!!

2. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    woo hoo!!

But i thoguht cruiser was a wether..?

oh well i hav a silly brain :scratch:

congrats on all the breedings!

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    No.... Cruiser is a big 'ol buck! Hehe We don't keep wethers.

4. PiccoloGoat

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    lol ok my bad! :ROFL:

i figured it out, it was SDK with a wether called cruiser lol

5. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Congrats on the breedings!!!!! I finally have one doe bred(hopefully). She will be due about the last day of February :) . Now, I hope Scrumptious comes in soon so I can bring both of my does home soon. Cross your fingers that Kadisha produces me another doe or two like her first daughter Lily. I'm super excited to see my first Purebred LaMancha kids out of Scrumptious this next year.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Neither of my Lamanchas are ready yet. Meg is the older of the 2 but I'm not real positive yet how to know she's big enough. I don't have a full size scale to weigh her.

I need to go out and test the rest of the does. Maybe there are more ready! LOL Now I need to get River ready to work soon. He's just now 5 months so it maybe April kids for him. He's able to extend, pee in his mouth all that nasty stuff but he isn't real interested in does yet and doesn't try mounting or acting bucky to them.

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    hah yea im the one with the wether cruiser... but he thinks hes a buck and tries to pee on himself and make the noises

8. PiccoloGoat

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    lol what a funny little guy!

I love your cruiser, SDK, he is so pretty :drool:

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    man too bad you aren't closer.. i'm trying to find him a new home where he can get more attention

10. PiccoloGoat

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    lol that would be the disadvantage of being the only australia, let alone my state :doh:

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
  12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ashley....I can't wait to see those babies!! I'm glad your girls are finally ready....I'm still waiting on Angel ...grrrr!

14. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i hope my three just took too..

hope you get baby girls!

15. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  16. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Got two more bred today! Fuchsia to Revelation and Blessing to Larkspur. She was planned to Revelation too but he's not quite ready to handle that large load of does. LOL

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Congrats!! :cool: I got Lyla and Claribelle bred last week, except Lyla's tail is looking a little "busy" today, sure hope she took!