WooHoo we got the goat pens done and they are moved in

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Kfin, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    We have been working on getting our stallion pens (since there is no stallions in ther anymore) set up for the goats.

Here are pictures, there is no climb wire all around the fence and on the inside pannels also, then there are gates that can close off each pen or left open to make them all one big pen. 4 Pens all together.

Here is the first two pens, the buck (when I get one) will go on the pen at the far end and then the gate with the no climb wire will be shut then the does can have the middle pen:
    [​IMG]

Here is the other two pens, I am standing in one of them, the middle on will be the kidding stall, and the one I am standing in will be the weaning pen.
    [​IMG]

And here is the girls put in the pen with their new feeder my hubby and I built. I actually welded this thing :greengrin:
    [​IMG]

Anyhow just wanted to share, I was excited and since non of my friends are goat people, the just look at me like I have lost my marbles and am weird being excited about "Goats" :roll: lol. So I came to where it would be appreciated :thumb:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very awesome :)

I just talk to my friends about the goats -- if they dont get it then its their loss but I will talk about whats important to me. ;) My friends usually ask though about the goats before I can even say something.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is wonderful ......congrats........ :thumb: :hi5: :cool:

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Wow looks GREAT! that's really cool that you welded that feeder yourself! My hubby would never let me anywhere near his welder! LOL
    Your girls look very pleased!

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
  6. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Those are some mighty lucky goats! An excellent set up - congrats!

Most of my 'friends or family' couldn't give a rip about my critters, but if they want to see me smile, they ask me about my goats! :love:

7. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Wow - what a fantastic set up. That would be so easy to clean out - I would use a leaf blower and blow all the berries out!!!!

I have no climb fence and it is fab for the goats.

8. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    Your setup is great! So different than mine. There isn't a flat piece of land on our five acres. We are so tree'd that squash is one of the only things that grows big in the garden! It is nice in a way though...the ceiling of leaves keeps all the animals cool in the summer and gravity, well, makes the berries roll downhill. ;) Still, I'm a bit jealous of your whole setup!

9. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    Thanks everyone. I am happy with them. They where nice horse pens, but I think they are Great goat pens lol. We are selling down to just two horses so I am thinking about putting the no climb wire around the horse pens as well so I can let the goats out with the hroses also, Both of our horses share a fence line with the girls and about a week ago I saw my 3 year old reaching over the fence and gromming the back of Posha, she was just enjoying it lol. I have noticed the horses stand back there with the goats and they all kind of huddle together through the fence, so I think they would do find all turned out together.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Looks great. Just in time for the winter. They will be in heaven. Congratulations.

What do you have inside for feeders or do you?

I have to get my barn finished this weekend aslo. we are due for a big snow storm on Wednesday so I am told.

11. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    You mean inside the barns? Or inside the pens? I don't have any hay feeders inside the barns, but the grain feeders are hanging on the barn brace inside, and also the loose minerals are inside there.

So I need hay feeders inside the barns?

How do goats do in the winter, is the barns in the picture enough for them? We always blanket our horses during the coldest part of winter, can you put some kind of blanket on the goats? I could put foal blankets on them, but should I?

12. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Looks great, congrats on having such nice digs for your girls (who are sooo pretty by the way).

I would make sure there is hay in the barns, that way when it rains, the hay won't get wet and also because they likely won't want to venture out in the rain to eat the hay.

13. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Thats an awesome set up...i think your barn will do just fine with some straw in there for them to lay on. Their coats usually get thick and warm so they should do just fine.