Woohoo!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Epona142, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I just had to share my cleverness with you all. :greengrin:

I have two goats right now, Hope and Uno, and boy have I fallen in love with goats! I remember have meat goats when I was younger, but those were wild and not pets, and I honestly never paid much attention to them.

But these cuties! Wow! :shocked: They are so much fun! So of course..I want more.

Hope is expecting kids sometime in the next three months, so I began thinking of how I can convince the hubby to let me keep and doelings, as well as get MORE goats. Hubby is a VERY patient man who loves animals, though not to the extent I do. When I told him I wanted to get goats, he looked at me like I was crazy, but home they came. He wasn't too interested at first, especially since both were wild as can be.

It took him a bit, but he began drinking the milk and said he liked it just fine. Then he became more and more interested in the goats themselves, coming out more and more, sneaking them goodies. Now he's just as in love with them as me! But still, how to convince him on more . . .

So I started mentioning all the GREAT things about goats! I bought a book on making soap, which interested him a little. That's a start, right? Then to my delight, I got some lovely goat cheese and made him a pizza with it. He absolutely loved it, and couldn't believe it was home-made goat cheese.

So then he says, "Can you make this?"

"Sure, though it takes ALOT of milk!"

"Hmm...well, can't you get more goats?"

:wahoo:

So now I have the green light on three or four does, a buck, and Uno! Oh I can't wait, we already know the breeder we want to get the buck, and one or two does from, and I can keep any of Hope's possible doelings.

:stars:

Sorry for the novel, I'm just so excited!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh thats great!!! Thats the way to do it "make it their idea" hehe

Remember how the girls did that in "my big fat greek wedding?" :slapfloor:

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That's great news! Congrats!! :D Please share pics of your new goats when you get them!

4. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I could never refrain from sharing pictures! :wink:

We won't be getting any this year, as the breeder I've found has sold most if not all the kids this year, but we're looking forward to her spring kids! So the only new ones will be Hope's little ones, but they should hold us over! I can hardly wait.

:leap:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    How exciting!!! Congrats on convincing him...that can be tough one :D!!! You should have quite the herd by next summer!! The breeder you're buying from....Do they have a website?

6. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Oh yes, and such beautiful little goats!

They're a couple hours away, but we used to live in the same town, so we're familiar with it, and they're still probably the closest breeders to us.

http://www.yauponacres.com/

I believe they sell them as registered, and I would love to try showing goats in the future too.

7. Kittikity

Kittikity New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Looks like they have a handsome little buckling for sale..

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Yaupon Acres is a member here

a nice little herd there. think you will be pleased with a doe or two from her

9. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Yup, that's how we found them! :greengrin:

I was sorely tempted by that darling little buckling, but another reason to wait is so we can put up another pen, there's only one at the moment, and no way to separate.

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Don't you love it when they ask before you bring it up???? One day when we were outside my hubby was mentioning the brush and kudzu problem we have here. He said, "we need more goats." I was almost breathless to hear those words escape his lips! I had several does bred for the spring kidding and I said, "well I'm working on that." Hahaha I just loved hearing that. I don't think I'll ever forget it. :ROFL: :clap:

11. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    My hubby said that once.....and now we have more goats. I want more since I am so addicted but I cant seem to find any in my price range.

That is so awesome that your hubby is into goats as much as you are!!!! Mine is getting better.