The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They now carry epinephrine!!! WOOO! :leap::party: No more hassle with the quaks up here! :D Yeah. Now I will ask them if they can carry Cystorelin!:cool:

Sorry....Was just SUPER excited....

I've had an account with them for a long time, but they never carried it, now they do!:wahoo:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
They now carry epinephrine!!! WOOO! :leap::party: No more hassle with the quaks up here! :D Yeah. Now I will ask them if they can carry Cystorelin!:cool:

Sorry....Was just SUPER excited....

I've had an account with them for a long time, but they never carried it, now they do!:wahoo:
Wwwwwwhhhhhaaaatttttt!!!!! Yay! My vet would not give me any epi when I was vaccinating my goats with CD&T toxoid. I was pretty upset especially since I bought the vaccine from him! Now I'm excited!!

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, that's me, I'm a helper. Informing the world of fantastical things. Lol! But yeah, I didn't know until today when I was ordering some stuff. Gotta order other things to make the shipping worth while though. But at least it doesnt need next day shipping! It's a non-refridge' injectable.

But its a really good deal, since 1 dose from a vet will cost you $3-4, with this bottle it comes out to a dollar per shot! Way better!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well, that's me, I'm a helper. Informing the world of fantastical things. Lol! But yeah, I didn't know until today when I was ordering some stuff. Gotta order other things to make the shipping worth while though. But at least it doesnt need next day shipping! It's a non-refridge' injectable.

But its a really good deal, since 1 dose from a vet will cost you $3-4, with this bottle it comes out to a dollar per shot! Way better!
LOL!! That's what I love about this site!! I have looked everywhere for it with no luck. I remember when you could order it out of any vaccine company catalog. It was a dime/dozen but now it's "controlled"....pleeeze! My vet wouldn't even give me a syringe full so I know he's gonna be really excited to know that I'll have it at home!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You and me both! I used to get it at my feed store back in the day! Then they quit carrying it, and it went to catalogs, then POOF, off the market. Now I've only seen it at VetServ today. No vet out here likes me because I know whats wrong, all I need them for is the prescription and meds. But they won't ever get me anything now, burnt my bridges a long time ago since I hate paying for them to come out and look at something without them even doing anything, that costs $180! So, you know.... they don't like me.
That's fine! I can get things done myself! Lol! :p

And please DON'T tell your vet! Let him think that you need a vet, lol. But with karma, if you tell it might suddenly go off the market again! :eek:

·
Goat Crazy!
6,457 Posts
If it wasn't avaiable before, how did they expect you to treat a goat who went into anaphalaxis? I've only a very small herd and have not had trouble yet with reactions to shots, but I saw a goat go down in a matter of seconds at a fairground. Apparently one of the herd owners there had epi and administered it right away (even though it was someone ele's goat). The goat's life was saved. I can't fathom the fact that they wouldn't let an animal owner have it!

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it wasn't avaiable before, how did they expect you to treat a goat who went into anaphalaxis? I've only a very small herd and have not had trouble yet with reactions to shots, but I saw a goat go down in a matter of seconds at a fairground. Apparently one of the herd owners there had epi and administered it right away (even though it was someone ele's goat). The goat's life was saved. I can't fathom the fact that they wouldn't let an animal owner have it!
It's becasue its pure adreneline, drug addicts use it. The Gov took it off the market because of that.
Super hard to get because, whoever is selling it to you can't really know if you have animals or not.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My vet charges a lot to see my animals too so I am super excited to have that available. He gave me two choices when I was vaccinating....1)bring them to the clinic and vaccinate them in the parking lot with him watching to make sure nothing happened or 2)bring them in and have him do it. I was like ok. Why would I freaking do that! I can give a dang shot! LOL! I just want to be a responsible livestock owner who cares about the well being of their animals. I'm fixing to get on my soapbox so I'll just stop! LOL!

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My vet charges a lot to see my animals too so I am super excited to have that available. He gave me two choices when I was vaccinating....1)bring them to the clinic and vaccinate them in the parking lot with him watching to make sure nothing happened or 2)bring them in and have him do it. I was like ok. Why would I freaking do that! I can give a dang shot! LOL! I just want to be a responsible livestock owner who cares about the well being of their animals. I'm fixing to get on my soapbox so I'll just stop! LOL!
Haha, yeah what the heck? So he can supervise you give a goat a shot, or do it himself? See that's why all the vets out her hate me. I straight up tell them that they're idiots. Most only gradutate with a D average....

One vet, I had out her a VERY long time ago, probably like 17 years. I had a foal born with contracted tendons, so I wanted her to look at it. The foal also had the runs so I gave him some Kaopectate, the pink antidiarrheal.

When she came out she was all freaking out because the foal had pink poop from the kao, she was flipping out saying I had some crazy wacko disease and I'd never have another foal born again. Ummm, HELLO? It's from the Kao.
She didn't believe me... So she wanted to run all these tests and crap, that would have costed thousands of $$$.
I still have foals born ever year... nothing wrong with my horses!

But that foal lived to be 3 years old, he had corrective surgery multiple times to correct the contracted tendons, but the surgery didn't take. I had animal control called on me weekly, because "that horse is wounded, he needs medical attention! What's wrong with you? Your evil for not getting this fixed!"

Really! He got around just fine, he just walked on his joint above the hoof, so it looked like a club foot kinda. I got tired of being called a monster, animal abuser, etc. and being harrassed by animal control about 2X a week. I put him down.
His name was Spirit, he was a fighter, got around fine on his hoof, kept weight on. Every thing about him was fine, except his foot. He was so sweet, we never gelded him, he was a stud, but he was the nicest horse you'd ever meet.
It makes me sad when I think about all the crap people gave me over him being born with contracted tendons. People are evil. I wouldn't have payed over $10,000 to try to correct it if I didn't care about him!

BUT anyway, I hate some vets that are around these days

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well I haven't lost respect for vets yet since every experience has been pretty good(knock on wood) but I have lost respect for doctors since I'm a nurse and know how it sometimes comes down to the almighty dollar.....I'm sure vets are the same but I haven't experienced it

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
WOOOOHOOO AGAIN!!!! They carry Cystorellin! Two different sizes, 10mL and 30mL. The 10mL is $36.99 no idea how much the
30mL is, didn't ask, lol.
:D
LOL!! I don't have to ask who your favorite company is right now do I??:D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Lol!!:rofl:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts