The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally worked on the trailer a little the other day, trying to get it ready for the kids shows in a couple of weeks.

Trailer is 6' wide x 8' long. We got a canvas sign to use for a roof, but couldn't figure out what to use as a frame across the top to keep it from sinking in.

So...we had some spare wood, and picked up some more..and made a top. It's secure and so far so good, haha...

I love the divider wall, turned out just as good as I imagined... it's 5' long.

Where to put doors and what to use has me completely stumped.

I might just put a small pallet I have that is great for a door across the opening so it's divided in half.
Ideally, I'd like to divide it into 3 sections, kind of like this:

red being divider wall, purple being the back door, and the green being the doors I'd like to make.

I know I could probably make doors with OSB/1x4's, and attach with hinges to the divider wall, but I don't think I could get a good secure way of chaining them closed to the trailer itself, especially towards the bottom. I'm afraid they could push the bottom of the door out a little or something.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense...

Anyway, I'm open to any ideas for making some doors that will work. Don't have to be permanent, or fancy.

Here are some more pics.

·
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, nice job!

Also it is good to separate any intact males from females.
Thanks! Yep, the only one we have intact on our place is my son's 5 1/2 week old buckling that he's planning to show :) His first homebred fullblood buckling too, so he's excited.
We figure he'll be fine with his sister for another month, then we'll gradually put him with the wethers.

·
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Pam!

Well we made one door, nothing fancy but does look pretty good! we had some extra field fencing, and 2x4's, so we put one on each end of a piece of fencing, nailed it down, hubby attached 1 2x4 end to the side of the trailer, and we can chain or tie it to the divider. Just pull it open/closed. If we need to move it, we can under the wire, and move it to make the section bigger or smaller. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts