The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can use Eprinex or Quest wormer with goats that are 5 months old? They have lice, I think and I have those 2 wormers on hand. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I tried ivomec (which I have heard can work) when my goats had lice but for my goats it just didn't work so I used a cattle lice treatment (forget the name) that wiped the lice out by the next day. they only needed a little applied to the back of their necks.

I have also heard that rubbing sulfur into their coats works well. Some people also add 1 tsp of sulfur per goat to their feed to keep lice away.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Good thread-I have a stall that had lice last winter with kiddings-and I let it rest most of the summer and now it has frozen again and the lice live on...I guess I will have to treat it with something. It is a dirt floor stall and has wood walls. Suggestions for treatment once I scrape it out? I guess it will need to be something that is not going to be toxic in the future? suggestions welcome...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I used Diatomaceous earth on my boys and had great success. logansmommy7: I have a similar stall to you and I just cleaned it out really well and then dusted it and the goats lightly. I also vacuumed the DE out of their coats about 2 days later but that isn't necessarily necessary.... just be careful as with all fine powders to limit inhalation by both yourself and the goats to he absolute minimum.... I rub it in fairly thickly all along the spines and a bit on the necks and sides....
hope that helps..
M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts