wormer question

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Mar 17, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am interested in purchasing the Ivomec PLUS injectable for Cattle.

But notice the highlighted part. So I was wondering if this is safe for my does. It has been extra wet this year and I am concerned about liver flukes as you can't see them in a fecal. So I was thinking that a once a year treatment with this would be a good idea :?

Ivermectrin 1% and Clorsulon 10%
    (Merial) Only IVOMECĀ® Plus wormer kills more types of parasites in a single dose, including internal AND external parasites AND liver flukes. Administer 1 ml per 110 lb body weight SQ only. Not approved for use in female dairy cattle of breeding age. 56-day slaughter withdrawal for cattle.
    Parasites controlled include:

Liver flukes
    Gastrointestinal roundworms
    Lungworms
    Grubs
    Sucking lice
    Sarcoptic and Psoroptic mange mites
    IVOMEC 1% and IVOMEC Plus are active against (Dictyocaulus viviparus) and (Ostertagia ostertagi) for 21 days after treatment and (Haemonchus placei), (Trichostrongylus axei), (Cooperia punctaia), (Cooperia oncophora) and (Oesophogostomum) radiatum for 14 days after treatment in cattle.

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    As far as I know it is. I've used it alot on my herd.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Stacey, Yes it is safe for your goats, and it is safe for them if they are pregnant. I gave it to one of my does because after I purchased her, I noticed a few months later that she was coughing really bad. I thought she had lung worm. Her cough cleared up and she had a beautiful baby girl (Dasie May).
    I always give it orally because it burns like Heck as a shot. I almost lost a goat to it because it burned so bad. Yes he was a big baby also. He threw himself on the ground and stopped breathing, so we had to shake him and blow in his face to get him to take a breath.

I will never be without it in my med kit. I do use Cydectin also.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think I am going to add it to my next order thanks guys.

Attached Files: