Wormers - dosages and uses

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by StaceyRosado, Dec 18, 2007.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    This thread is not for discussion of wormers if you want to do that feel free to give your feedback on this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=26&t=59

Please list the wormer name and the dosage and any pertinent information pertaining to its use.

Ivermectin Injectable: 1cc per 20lbs given orally.
    Safeguard/panacur: triple the weight of the goat when figuring weight, give for 3 days. I use the paste labled for horses. Best for tapeworms.

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    ComboCare gel(horse wormer): each small tick mark represents 8 lbs.

3. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Cydectin cattle pour on, given orally - 1cc per 20#, 1 per 10# if infested. Never underdose, always overdose.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey I could use more wormers and dosages for this thread -- please respond with just pertinant information - discussion of wormers and effectiveness should be on the other thread (link below) and NOT here. Discussions will be deleted.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=59

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ivermectin paste. Names such as Ivercare, Zimecterin, Equimectrin, Horse Health Ivermectin with 1.87% Ivermectin are dosed by tripling the goats weight and giving the dose equal to the horse weight.

EXAMPLE I have an 85lb pygmy/nigi doe her dose would be for a 255lb horse, giving a bit over will not hurt as it is best to slightly overdose as it is to under dose

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Ivermectin, paste intended for horses, with dose tippled. (I have all apx 70 lb goats and ivermectin paste is usually marked for 250 lb increments for horses, so I give one 250 lb dose per goat to be safe - over dose, never under doese). Should be given after 12 hours of no food, goats fed, then the next day a second dose given after 12 hours without food and goats fed - return goats to normal schedule. This is how I've been suggested to it by my vet. She says same guidelines apply for fenbedazole and if you are experiencing a massive INFESTATION to do both ivermectin and fenbedazole both days as each class of wormed kills different parasites.

7. Nikki99

Nikki99 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Washington State.
    This very last post is confusing to me. It says this "should be given after 12 hrs of no food, goats fed". Huh? Does this mean to give the dewormer after 12 hrs of no food and then feed them their normal amount of food after you give them the dewormer?

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is a bit confusing, it is an older post, hopefully pennylullabelle can answer that one. ;)

9. Nikki99

Nikki99 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Washington State.
    I hope so too. I love these sticky threads. They have some great info and it's answering a ton of questions that if it weren't for these sticky's, I'd have to ask a million of! :D

10. JaLyn

JaLyn Senior Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Indiana
    Safeguard for goats- Use for tapeworms at least 1 time a year. 1 cc per 10 lbs orally for 3 days. You must give it 3-5 days to kill tapeworms
    Ivermec(pour on for cattle)- 1cc per 22 lbs Orally, on goats under 1 year you dose it monthly. On mature goats every 3 months.
    I have Nigerian Dwarfs so these are my dosages for them.

11. Nikki99

Nikki99 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Washington State.
    These are the exact 2 dewormers that I purchased. I have some questions for you so I'll PM you.

12. JaLyn

JaLyn Senior Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Indiana
    Got it and I pm'd you back...

13. mjgh06

mjgh06 New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Middle Georgia