The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the beginning of next month our new Lamancha doe is going to be bred, and we will pick her up the next day. Her current owner said she was wormed 1 month ago, but I know it is recommended to worm goats before introducing them (and their parasites) to the herd. When our two younger goats (who are now 1 1/2) were about 5 months, we wormed them both with a wormer that our vet recommended. She said it works well for her does, and the worms are not resistant to it yet. She lives just down the street, so I am guessing our herds are exposed to similar parasites. I cannot remeber what it was called for the life of me though, I know it was given orally and might have been RX.... We also waited until after Rachel kidded before worming her with horse ivermectin paste that another breeder we know recommended. We do not have a microscope to do our own fecals, and the vet charged $60 when I had one done to check for coccidia before. So, I am at a bit of a loss when it comes to worming both my un-bred goats and a new pregnant goat. Please help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts