Worming/de-licing does in kid

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by oldecurb, Nov 24, 2010.

1. oldecurb

oldecurb New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Hi, this is my first post so I'm looking forward to all the expert advice you guys give.

Is it OK to worm and/or de-lice does with kids at foot?

Mainly Boer but a couple of Nubians and kids are 2 to 3 months old.
    Drench we use is Matrix (triple action) and we use Wipe-Out pouron for lice.

We've had a real bad year for worms with short pasture but now in spring there is some decent grass growth so hopefully they won't pick up eggs again. Only a few could have worms but quite a few have lice.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    First off ...welcome and congrats on a great question..... :wink: :greengrin:

Yes... it is OK to treat the momma's... try keeping the stuff away from the teats.... also get DE and put it on the kids...it is safe for new borns and takes care of the lice.... just don't powder their faces :thumb:

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Hi there Welcome to the group!:wave:

As far as delouse.... Ivomec Eprinex works great for heavy cases of Lice or mites and is safe for kids.

However, I don't recommend using a pour on as a wormer.... isn't very effective on goats. I use Ivomec injectable as a drench or equimax horse paste. :)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It really depends on what you are using.......

Permectrin CDS Pour-On ... is a good Pour-On..... :wink:

Permectrin 2...diluted... is another great product..... also poured or sprayed along the topline....through the hair to the skin.....