The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could use some help.
I want to worm my girls, but need help with dosages, and timeframes.
I have Ivermectin injectable (Agri-Mectin 1% sterile solution) and Valbazen (Albendazole 11.36% equivalent to 113.6 mg/mL) broad-spectrum dewormer, that I would like to use together, at the same time.
Can someone give me the dosages for each?
ALSO
Can someone please tell me how many days after the first treatment should I repeat each dosage? (for each medication?)
AND how many times should I treat them with each med?

Oh, also. All the girls are standard sized goats but various ages. One goat is about 3 and 1/2 years old (Oberhalsi), I also have a small 7 month old (50% Nubian, 50% Oberhalsi), and two girls that are about 3 and 1/2 months of age (both are 75% Oberhalsi and 25% Nubian)

Thank you SO much! :)

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
Ivomec Plusis 1 cc per 40# sub Q, and I THINK 1 cc per 30 # orally?
Valbazen is 1 cc per 10# orally

I only do the 3 times 10 days apart then again in 30 when my goats is having heavy worm load...such as one with Bottle jaw...other wise only as needed

Why would you want to use both meds at the same time? have you had a fecal done? Both meds are my preference but using both at the same time will be over taxing their system and both do the same job other than Tape..Valbazen does the tape...

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you SO much. If both of the meds do the same thing, I think I am going to go ahead and treat with Valbazen only.
:)
I don't think we have tapeworms in Alaska, but better safe than sorry. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts