Worming question

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by HoosierShadow, Feb 17, 2011.

  1. HoosierShadow

    HoosierShadow Senior Member

    Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I want to get your opinions on how I should do this..

    I have 2 does due next week that I suspect to have worms. I've been wanting to do a fecal, but need to find a vet that is reasonable because everyone I've called wants around $40 for one!!!

    Anyway, their eyelids and gums seem pale compared to the others, and I've noticed you can feel their ribs much more, especially on one.

    This is what I figured I could do...
    I wormed them tonight with noromectin or something like that == same thing as ivermectin injectible --- I gave it orally and dosed it 1cc per 30lbs as previously instructed.

    I was thinking I'd wait and worm them again after they kid. When should I see improvement in color?

    If this doesn't take care of it, I'll have a fecal done.

    Hopefully I can find a vet that won't charge so much, so I can get the fecal's done anyway. If I feel they aren't improving and color gets worse I'd of course get the fecal done. But if they don't look any worse, I was thinking it would be better to wait until after they kid.

    Does this sound like a good plan?
  2. liz

    liz Well-Known Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I would dose again in 10 days to get any hatching eggs...another dose 7-10 after that will ensure that the ones that were missed are caught.

  3. HoosierShadow

    HoosierShadow Senior Member

    Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks Liz, I'll do that, and hopefully this will get anything that is bothering them.
  4. toth boer goats

    toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

    Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California