Worming

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by StaceyRosado, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GridleyGoats

GridleyGoats New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Tillamook, Oregon
    how old does my babies have to be before they get wormer and what kind is the best for them?

bobvicbakr likes this.
  2. Just goats

Just goats Junior Member

Apr 21, 2011
    So. California
    How soon after a doe kids should she be given wormer and what is the best for a lactating mom.

3. ptgoats45

ptgoats45 Goat Girl

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    GridleyGoats: the age a kid needs to be wormed varies. I start worming mine at 10 days, but I live in a moist humid area and worms are abundant. I start with valbazen, then worm as needed afterwards with either ivermectin or cydectin. I start coccidia prevention at 3 weeks with baycox.

JustGoats: I worm all does the day they kid with cydectin. You can give any wormer to a lactating doe, it won't hurt the kid. Just worm with what she needs, based on a fecal sample. You can either learn to do it yourself, you have to buy a microscope, or you can have your vet do it.

4. b.martin172

b.martin172 Junior Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Cumberland, MD
    Tape worms

After about ten days of scours that I could only get to dry up for a few hours at a time I came to the conclusion that something else must be wrong. I was right.....TAPE WORMS. Ugh.....lesson learned. Anyway the two bucklings I dosed with Valbazen and man did the tapes go a running. That was ten days ago. No other signs of any more tapes but should I dose with the valbazen again for any eggs that may have hatched since the last dose or did I get them all with the one dose?

Dawg1419 likes this.
  5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Topic now closed, if you have any questions feel free to start a thread.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  6. Idahogoats

Idahogoats Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Lenore
    I am new to owning goats. My 3 month old had developed diahrea and I am wondering if I am feeding her too much grain, alfafa and cracked corn. I have a 5 year old retired doe and a 4 month old wether.

7. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

First, stop feeding cracked corn. How long have you had the goat?

This is a very old thread so you may want to start your own thread.

TCOLVIN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.