The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you have already read my story about our little pygmy passing away for Cocci and worms. I now need to rid the rest of my herd of worms because obviously Valbazen wasn't working. I need everyone's help and advice. I have people telling me different types of wormers and different doses. What is a reliable wormer that I can use and should I give it at 3x the body weight? If so, how old do my goats need to be to give it to them at 3x the body weight? Please give me any advice that you have on deworming!!! Thank you!!! :)

·
14,615 Posts
The best thing would be to get fecals done on several for a good representation of the exact parasites(s) you are dealing with & go from there as to what wormer you should use.
Valbazen might not be working because it's not killing the type of worm they have.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Regular wormers won't kill cocci. For that you need albon, baycox, sulmet, or one of the other cocci treatments that I can't remember just now.

For 'regular'(for lack of a better word) worms, I agree with Nancy - get a fecal, include cocci, and find out what you're up against before you attempt to treat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts