The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All Goat has had the Diarrhea a day or two. Gave him Prohibit yesterday. but not sure if enough. Also gave ivermectin injectable a coupe of days before that.
how much of a dosage of prohibit do I give ??
Want to keep him alive. Is there a dosage forum
thanks so much

·
Super Moderator
32,217 Posts
Dosage for prohibit is 4 cc per 100 pounds. Ivomectin injectable is 1 cc per 40 pounds injected or 1 cc per 33 pounds oral.

Since he's had both dewormers he needs time for them to work. If he is anemic you need to address the anemia with iron source. Red cell(6 ccper 100 pounds once a day for a weeknthen once a week until famacha improves) or injectable iron 4 cc per 100 pounds sub q same frequency as red cell. Do not do both..choose one. Injectable iron as been known to cause a reaction..be prepared with epinephrine (1 cc per 100 pounds IM) or a larger 20-30cc dose of Benadryl liquid..and more on the ready)
He will also need b 12 or b complex
High protien feed and browse food. It is also helpful to give 30 cc of a 50/50 mix of apple cider vinegar and water once a day to speed recovery.
Make sure he eats and stays hydrated.

Best wishes

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dosage for prohibit is 4 cc per 100 pounds. Ivomectin injectable is 1 cc per 40 pounds injected or 1 cc per 33 pounds oral.

Since he's had both dewormers he needs time for them to work. If he is anemic you need to address the anemia with iron source. Red cell(6 ccper 100 pounds once a day for a weeknthen once a week until famacha improves) or injectable iron 4 cc per 100 pounds sub q same frequency as red cell. Do not do both..choose one. Injectable iron as been known to cause a reaction..be prepared with epinephrine (1 cc per 100 pounds IM) or a larger 20-30cc dose of Benadryl liquid..and more on the ready)
He will also need b 12 or b complex
High protien feed and browse food. It is also helpful to give 30 cc of a 50/50 mix of apple cider vinegar and water once a day to speed recovery.
Make sure he eats and stays hydrated.

Best wishes
thank you to everyone

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Is he drinking? It is crucial that he stays hydrated. How much does he weigh?

If he is still having diarrhea then I would give SpectoGard Scour-Chek. Dosage is 6 ml a day for 3 days.

Also give Probiotics twice a day (we mix the powder with water and drench it). Give it a couple hours after you give the scour chek, not at the same time.

You can also try giving 10-20 ml of liquid Pepto Bismol every 4-6 hours to help with scours.

What is his temperature?

What is his FAMACHA score? https://web.uri.edu/sheepngoat/files/FAMACHA-Scoring_Final2.pdf

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Dosages:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is he drinking? It is crucial that he stays hydrated. How much does he weigh?

If he is still having diarrhea then I would give SpectoGard Scour-Chek. Dosage is 6 ml a day for 3 days.

Also give Probiotics twice a day (we mix the powder with water and drench it). Give it a couple hours after you give the scour chek, not at the same time.

You can also try giving 10-20 ml of liquid Pepto Bismol every 4-6 hours to help with scours.

What is his temperature?

What is his FAMACHA score? https://web.uri.edu/sheepngoat/files/FAMACHA-Scoring_Final2.pdf
the fecal didn't show hardly anything only a couple Coccidia I did give him liquid peptol bismol and I will get probiotics thanks so much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts