The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVery one has white eye kids again again
I cannot control it damn worms...
My buck has been shooting **** out his rear for a week pure liquid!!!! Brown kids ask if he has been playing in the mud.....
They have clean water Dailey mix with electro lites... Mix in it
Plenty of grass to eat in the fields and trees to eat on
Feed is always in a bowl clean..
This will be the third dose of wormer this month
First was safe gaurd paste which does nothing!!
Than I used the ivonetex (spelled wrong) 40 bucks a small bottle given oral at 2cc at 100lbs
Now I'm going try some quest gel.
On top of that
Been giving them
Shot of la200
Shot of complex b
Every few days
1. Don't have time to go to vet as can't get off work and work late
2.i try to do what everyone's says on here and something help for awhile
3.down to 6 goats now lost 4 this summer sold 20 due to thought there were to many and too much poop...
On top of that momma goat had twins last week
Has been doing great now she is sick
Snout out her nose and went from pink to white in a week ..on top of that woke to one of the twins dead was doing great no sign of being sick from them don't know what happen there...
To those that raise goats and don't have issues great job 9 months doing this now and just not worth it . All are boer goats..

Had my boxer dog for 5 years now never sick outside with the goats and only cost 20 bucks a month for food and needs no shots and he has a heart mural hole in his heart......goats for me haven't been worth it this summer a lot of problems
Sorry guys and gals just bad mood can't win some times!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
If you can collect some fecals, and have someone take them in for you, I would do that. You need to use wormers for the specific worms you have, otherwise the worms get resistant to wormers and nothing much will help..

Sorry things have been hard for you and the goats :(

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Livestock of any kind is more work than many think. Add a bad year for parasites and it can be hard.

If there is any way you could get someone to take a fecal sample in, that would help.

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
Im so sorry you are having such a hard time...sound slike its time to get aggressive!!

When you cant have a fecal done choose a wormer that covers more worms, including liver fluke which can cause anemia and bottle jaw...that would be Ivomec plus..it covers the most worms for your money..

*Line them all up ..give 1 cc per 40# sub q...do this 3 times 10 days apart and once again in 30 days...
*Kids should have Valbazen 1 cc per 10# oral, same 3x10 deal
*Treat for cocci with dimethox or Baycox
*Dose each one with 20 cc of 50/50 Apple cider Vinegar and water....
*6 cc per 100 # red cell..I like to double day one and do reg. dose for a full week then once a week until color in lids return...the ACV should help spee that up
*B 12 wil help them rebuild the red blood cells along with high protien feed, alfalfa and green leaves..

Best wishes

·
14,615 Posts
It can get VERY frustrating.
But as Cathy has said, increase the dosage on the Ivermectin & use Valbezen on anyone not pregnant.
Hang in there.:hug:

·
Super Moderator
83,058 Posts
I would get that fecal done as soon as possible, to find out, if they do have issues with cocci or worms still plus which ones if any.

Treat for anemia.

Stop all grains until they are back to normal.

Guess treating, isn't good to do and may be causing the rumen to go off and scouring continues. You gave vit B complex, now give some Probiotics as well.

You say they are on green pasture, if it is lush, they may be scouring because of too much and not enough roughage hay, like oat hay or equivalent.
If the fecal comes out clear, then it is dietary.

On the one that has snotty nose get a temp.

·
376 Posts
If you do send a fecal to the vet make sure that you tell them to check for cocci in addition to the worms... otherwise they may not check for that as it takes longer.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im so sorry you are having such a hard time...sound slike its time to get aggressive!! When you cant have a fecal done choose a wormer that covers more worms, including liver fluke which can cause anemia and bottle jaw...that would be Ivomec plus..it covers the most worms for your money.. *Line them all up ..give 1 cc per 40# sub q...do this 3 times 10 days apart and once again in 30 days... *Kids should have Valbazen 1 cc per 10# oral, same 3x10 deal *Treat for cocci with dimethox or Baycox *Dose each one with 20 cc of 50/50 Apple cider Vinegar and water.... *6 cc per 100 # red cell..I like to double day one and do reg. dose for a full week then once a week until color in lids return...the ACV should help spee that up *B 12 wil help them rebuild the red blood cells along with high protien feed, alfalfa and green leaves.. Best wishes
Good info thanks

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Have you treated for cocci? There is also a pig product called scour halt that you give orally that will stop the scours temporarily while you treat the real issue.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
After you take care of the immediate problem, consider copper bolusing if you don't already. Copper really boosts the immune system and helps prevent worms. I haven't had to worm since I copper bolused (5 months ago), except a newly kidded doe. The dosage is 1cc of Copasure particles orally (I mix with banana) per 50 lbs of goat, repeat every 3-6 months depending on their copper needs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hate to say this but

the breeders in this country have ruined the boer goats. they were breeding for looks and size,now instead of a hardy goat you have a high maintenance goat. i have switched to kiko goats.

as far as a wormer cydectin injectable is the best wormer i know of. better to overdose than under dose but if your goats have a heavy worm load i would under dose 1st. then a few days later hit them again. if you nuke them all at once in a heavy worm load you get a goat that will probably bleed to death. hope this helps

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
Ive read good things about Injectable Cydectin..the only problem is it does not kill liver fluke...;) Only Ivomec Plus and Valbazen does this...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have has awful issue with worms this yr too and have has 2 with terrible scours for weeks it need up not being just worms but a bacteria that caused the diareah also so maybe try antibiotics also

·
Registered
117 Posts
I mix garlic powder and kelp meal together and feed it free choice all year just to keep it under control, garlic does wonders on worms, though if you're drinking your milk it makes it taste a little funky :/
Then I just worm spring and fall to make sure I have everything covered :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts