Worms????

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by peggy, Nov 30, 2010.

1. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I wondered if there is an easy way to check for worms??? I seem to remember reading somewhere here about the whites of the eyes or something???? I live in the bush and don't have access at this time to do a fecal exam. My does were wormed but the younger one seems like she isn't gaining weight the way the others are. Could just be that she is just bullyed a bit. Do I need to worm them again, the one may be pregnant. Thanks

2. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    Toth Boer Goats: AWESOME links! So much information, am printing the color chart right now to laminate and put out in the barn for my next trip. Thankyou :)

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are very Welcome jay13....anytime..... :thumb: :wink:

4. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks in a big way Pam. I will have a look at her eyes first thing tomorrow.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome... in big big way.... :hug: :hi5: :wink: :greengrin:

6. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I just checked all the girls eyes and they are very pink....I am sooo happy. I am a new goat mommie so I worry about everthing. Thanks guys.

7. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    speaking of worms... an herbal medicine book says wormwood and mugwort can expell worms. anyone ever tried this?

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Alright.. :clap: sounds good... :thumb:

Herbal meds work slower and are in lower doses.... I personally... don't use them.... as I believe... the worms will get immuned to them....and not work.....If a goat has worms.... it isn't enough to kill them and keep them under control........ so a stronger wormer....... such as Ivomac or Valbezen....... has to be used..... :wink: