The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help please. I noticed that my boys looked like their faces were swollen. But when i felt of their jaws i didn't feel a lump. I gave them fenbenazole just in case. I think they are starting to grow their beards. But wanted u all too look and see what u think. I have them on an every 2 month deworm schedule. Should i be doing something different? And are they to heavy? Hope I'm not feeding them to much.

ForumRunner_20131020_002831.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
58,899 Posts
You should only worm when needed. The best way to find out is to take a fecal sample in to the vet and have them test it. Make sure they include coccidia in the fecal test.

·
Super Moderator
58,899 Posts
Depends on the vet. My vet charges $20 pet sample but I have heard people report lower costs. You would need to call your vet and ask.

Worming every other month is just going to build resistance.

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
If its cold in your area...they might just have their under coat fluffed..it helps keep them warm : ) They are cute! I agree with having a fecal done..see where you are at and only treat when needed...alwaya ask for cocci as well..some vets wont do it other wise. My vet charges $12 a fecal..

What are you feeding and how much? How often? How old are the boys and tye look to be Pygmy? Ar ethey wethers or intaked?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feed 2 handfuls of alfalfa/timothy pellets. That's right at about a cup. And a bagged hay that is timothy oat and alfalfa. It also has molasses on it. I split a gallon bag between them. They don't have much grass cause they have out grown their fence. I'm in the process of enlargeing it. I was feeding hedge primarily and the pellets. But the hedge is starting to get slim on my place. Lol. They are 6 months old. They are wethers.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And yes they are pygmys. I learned something too. Didn't know they got an under coat. Never to old go learn lol

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
What exactly is this bagged hay? Never heard of it before.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
What exactly is this bagged hay? Never heard of it before.
Probably Chaffhay... I've heard good things about it.. Just haven't used it myself..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts