The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What worms are out there besides barberpole and coccidia that cause diarrhea in a goat Gave safeguard the warmer and the worms are gone should I give safeguard again in 10 days just to make sure, Through this scouring the goat felt fine. fwas eating and drinking Great rumen sound and to be honest it wasn't really even scouring it was soft poop and logged would tape worm be taken care of with safe guard

·
Super Moderator
32,215 Posts
safguard can take care of tape worm..but you need to use it three days in a row I believe...but for other worms..its basically usaless in most areas...if you goat had tapes you would see them in the poop...as Karen said..a fecal would be your best bet.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I agree with Happy Bleats! Get a fecal done at the vet, I had recently got a doeling and she had severe worms and they can be microscopic so you cant see them, and she gave it to my other girls, but the doeling and my nubian both started dropping weight VERY fast, we ended up having to take them to the vet and they gave us wormer.... so just get a fecal done, at a vet and they should inform you about what to give the goat :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts