worried about baby

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sixshooterfarm, Feb 6, 2009.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok so minuets little baby hasent pooped all day long. She has had the normal milky poop but she hasent pooped all day. I gave her a powdered colostrum so she had a little extra, and whole cows milk. Since she hasent pooped what should I give her? Should I wait? SHe is soo little I dont want to hurt her or her die. Help!

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am honestly unsure - but I hope that she will be ok

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is she constipated? try watering down her mixture a bit. It might be to rich for her. How much have you fed her today?

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

try syringing some water in her mouth and in her little bottem. Sometimes it gets so thick and dry they cant get it out. you might be surprised that about six cc's of water in her bottem will do the trick.
    beth

5. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok I will try 3 ccs, 6 cc's will make her pop lol. SHe is so tiny, ok picture her this way, her body is the size of a dollar bill. Picture a dollar bill with a head and that is Bella. I will syringe her some warm water and see what happens. Cross your fingers!

6. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    How long do you think it will take for this to work? She is constapated as she is holding her tail up and she has a bit of a belly. Looks like it is gonna be another long night lol, last night she wasent too interested in her bottle and I kept waking up checking to make sure she was still alive, I swear I felt the same way when I brought my son home from the hospital lol

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    rachael. mix canned pumpkin in her formula

it works

seriously

8. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    My thought exactly..canned pumpkin will get her going.It gets animals going or stopping either way, and it works!!
    Hope she's better soon! We gotta see pics of this tiny thing!!

9. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    oil works too, by the way. Just a few CCs of oil and you'll have her pooping like there's no tomorrow...

LW

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe she must be a cute thing. Sounds like the size Kitten was when she was born.

11. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    ok still no poop :( she isent eating alot and you can tell she is uncomfortable. I will have to go hunting for pumpkin.....are we talkin about pumpkin like caned pumkin that you make pies with?? Interested. Ok the only oil I have in reg veggie oil and olive oil, will either work and how to I give it to her, bottle or in her bottom......she dosent like the water thing very much even tho over an hour she had only 3 cc's. AND if it is not one thing it is another!! My 4 year old son fell and broke his collar bone...... my husband is with him at the orthapedic surgon right now seeing if he can be taped up and sent home or if it is going to require breaking it again.... geeez!!

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea rachel its canned pumpkin for pies.. it she's only eating 3 cc's i would say add 1 cc of pumpkin

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OK Something i just learned at the vet when Monica was so bloated.

He said do not use Vegi oil or like Olive oil. It will be just absorbed before it gets to their rumen. If you need use Mineral oil and put a little flavor it in like power punch or whatever. Something to leave a taste so they do not aspirate it.

I would put a warm towel to her little butt. Make it good and wet so it is warm and wets her butt. If that does not help, I would get a infant fleet enema. It will not take much but it will help. If you can not get one of them then add a little warm water and mineral oil together (I know it does not mix well, but do you best), and try to give her like 3-4 cc in the rectum. That will help, but if it is a tad warm, it will work better then just luke warm.
    I have these little white things that go on the end of a syringe to get medication in the back of their mouth, it is really small and it is perfect to do this with.

Good luck

14. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Yeah she is defiently constipated , I can feed the intestine and it is just full and hard, she is very uncomfortable, she wont lay down even tho she wants too and she is real hunchy. Ok so the plan is fleet infant enima, I already tried the olive oil....but as you said that wont work lol. SO I will be getting a fleet enima, pedialyte and karo syrup to add to her bottle to get things going. ANything else? I tried the warm wet towel on her bottom and nothing happened. Poor baby she is just so little!

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I found ..just plain warm water....in the syringe..works for me..I put some up there then watch...it should happen pretty fast ...that they try to push it out.....if the kid does not.. try to push and poo...then I put another syringe full up there ....repeat.... until they ...try to push it out....remember what goes in ...comes out.....Sometimes one syringe is not enough.... :wink:

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    any progress for the little girl?

17. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Montana
    It usually takes more than one 3cc syringe of warm water in the rectum to get them pooping. Another thing I use on constipated kids is half a baby suppository. Don't add water to her milk. She needs all milk to form the curd in her stomach to poop normally.

18. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    unfortunatly we lost her last night. I got an enema and she pooped out a huge clump of hard hard hard milk poop, we massaged her stomach and let it work but by then she was soo tired and weak that she finally just went to sleep. I feel so horrible, that bpoor little baby. I am sure she would have been fine if she was a normal sized baby but being soooo tiny and weak from birth and then only being 3 days old.... it was just oo much for her! poor baby!

19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Don't blame yourself sweety...it is not your fault and you did everything you could for her.....I am so sorry that you lost her...... :hug: :(

20. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, I am so sorry. That is sad. :(