The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to a beautiful new baby girl :kidred: but mama is grunting and has a red discharge any ideas. And I'm new to this so any advise would be great. Thank you

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
After birth is red with white stringy stuff ..is this what you see?.. Is mom acting like she is contracting..?? is she feeding baby?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is up and feeding baby, the discharge has changed to an amber color with some clear fluid coming out with the grunts what I think might be a contraction

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
there maybe another baby in there....if its been more than 30 minutes, clip nails and remove rings, scrub up and grab some gloves and lube..time to go in and see whats up...start with two fingers...might feel something close..if you feel a baby...go a little deeper to see whats holding it up..

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Time to go it, it sounds like she may be working on another baby. :hug: If you aren't comfortable getting it out, you may have to call the vet. At this point the baby could be deceased.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't feel anything and she seems to be calming down. Keeping an eye on her and another doe that should be having kid any time. But who knows she may just be fooling me. So far 2 mamas that each had one female. First time owning goats and this kidding thing leaves little time for sleep.

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
here is another way to see...bounce her..heres how

stand behind her and off to one side a bit..facing the same direction and she is..bend over her, hugging her belly.place your hands just in front of her udder and lift the belle and let fall gently, leaving your hands in place...many time you will feel the baby when it "lands"...do this a few times moving your hands a round a bit each time to get a good feel....if you fel it bounce back then you have another kid..NOW sometime you cant feel on..so it doesnt mean she is done...but if you do feel a bounce back you will know she does have one in there..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts