I have the opportunity to buy a magnificent 2 year old buck with the most incredible bloodlines!!!! But.................................. He has been raised in a dairy which had CL at one time but they have not had an abcess for quite a while and practice many preventative measures to keep a clean herd. They also vaccinate for CL since they had once been infected with it. They are doing a blood test for CAE for me but said that a blood test for CL was useless as it would test a false positive from the vaccine. I understand that it will only test positive a short time after vaccinating and it will go back to negative fairly quickly. My friend had a doe tested that is vaccinated and she tested negative, so maybe this is true?? He is being vet checked for any other problems before I decide to bring him home but I am wondering if it is CL is a concern even though he has never had an abcess. I really want him as he would soooo improve my herd but part of me is scared to risk it.