The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new doe is coming up on 3 weeks this weekend in quarantine. I need to reworm her and give her her second shot of CD/T. I was hoping to let her out of quarantine after that but she still has dry **** below her eyes. She was coughing when I got her and Lori reccomended giving her thyme oil but I couldn't find it so I have been giving her a colostrum pill everyday the last couple days and I have not heard her cough anymore at least not while I have been outside. The doe never had a temp or went off her food or snotty nose. Would you let her out of Quarantine? Do you think she is contagious? She never got worse and should have by now right? She will be going in with two young does and next door to my doe that is ready to give birth. I think stress of being alone is not helping her cause any although she doesn't complain cause she can see everybody. What would you guys do?? BTW, shes gotten really fiendly with me. Lets me rub her neck now while eating but still can't make sudden moves

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
If you wash her eyes, does the goo come back? I have to agree with you, being alone might be causing her a little stress also.
What are you deworming her with? Have you tried Ivermectin but use it orally. 1cc for 30lbs. I had to give one of my does that was new to my place. I did it when she arrived and again 30 days later. She was coughing really bad. I tried everything else, so I decided it might be lung worm. The second dose did the trick. I do mine orally.
I was wondering how she was doing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I worm with Ivomec. I was hoping it was lungworms also but I'm sure its a cold although I thought signs of pneumonia first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts