The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a buck for this fall. I am looking for blue eyes. This guy is only 18 months old and has bred 5 does. He has produced all sorts of colorful blue eyed babies. I am not looking for show quality kids where I live people don't pay tons of money for babies.He is also very reasonably priced. With all this being said he looks a little girly to me, not sure if it is because he is still young. What do you all think? Would you use him?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
well he toes out front and back but alot of that could be corrected by a good hoof trim. he is a little slopey in the rump but i think his front end is good, hr appears very wide. i think his rear legs are a little posty. but yes i would use him if you like what he has already put out, and if you have any pedigree information that you like. i dont think he looks girly i do think his blue eyes might be causing you to think that. i hope that you can get papers for him because he will be worth more both in baby value and when you go to sell him.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm not super with conformation but I do think he's a little steep in the rump. So, he may not help flatten out any of your does toplines. Besides that I think he looks good. I think if your not interested in showing than he would be a good choice. But I agree with Enchanted goats and make sure you get papers on him

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
It's really hard to tell what his conformation is really like with all that hair on him and not being set up. Everything could be skewed by that picture since it's at such an angle.
I think he looks okay, but I wouldn't buy him without seeing him set up or in person. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts