WOUNDERING ON SHOTS FOR KIDS

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by carmen escamilla, Jul 31, 2010.

1. carmen escamilla

carmen escamilla New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    OK TODAY I GAVE MY KIDS THEIR FIRST CD/T SHOT AND I KNOW I HAVE TO GIVE ANOTHER IN 21 DAYS BUT I SAW IN A POSTING THAT THEY WERE GOING TO GIVE A BOOSTER SHOT IS THIS THE SAME THING OR IS IT DIFFERNT? WHAT KINDS OF SHOTS DO WE GIVE THE NEW KIDS ? AND DO I STILL HAVE TO GIVE THEM A WORM MED. SORRY TO ASK THESE QUESTION BUT TILL I JOIN THIS GROUP I NEVER NEW THAT GOATS NEEDED SHOTS I WISH I HAD JOIN MANY YEARS AGO I WOULD HAVE GONE A LONG WAY WITH MY NANNYS I WOULD SAY SO I HAD 2 NANNYS THAT LOST BABYS THIS YEAR PERHAPS BECAUSE I DIDNT GIVE THEM THE ATTENION THEY NEEDED..ONE HAD 3 AND THE OTHER LOST ONE AT 4 MONTHS OF PREG.IT WAS SUCH A HARD THING TOO LOSE THEM BUT I STILL HAVE 3 MORE WATING I THINK IT IS LATE IN THE SEASON TO STILL HAVE BABIES DONT U THINK? CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP BY GIVEING ME INFO WHAT KIND OF SHOTS TO GIVE AND AT WHAT AGE ..I LOVE MY GIRLS AND I WOULD LIKE FOR THEM TO HAVE HEALTHY BABIES ...

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    as I mentioned on your other topic the CD/T is a vaccine for enterotoxemia and tetanus. yes you will still need to worm and use a coccidiastate for coccidia treatment. Worms and coccidia are parasites and need different treatment then a vaccine.

the CD/T is the basic vaccine that is used - I know there are others but they really arent necessary especially for young kids.

the does before kidding should have their CD/T booster - yes the second shot is called a booster so its the "same thing" if your does have not have a CD/T shot before then just go ahead and give it and then follow up with the booster 21-28 days later.

Having kids this time of year isnt uncommon but it can be hard on the does since its so hot. So keep them well hydrated and cool as possible

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yup agree with stacey

you give them another 2cc of CD/T 21-28 days later.

I don't deworm kids until they're 1 month old, then I'll give ivomec 1% for cattle and swine, 1cc per 25 lbs orally.
    and do that again 10 days later.

4. carmen escamilla

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    SO I NEED TO GO BUY THESE ITEMS TO GIVE THEM CAN I GIVE THAT TO MY PREG DOES AS WELL OR DO I WAIT ...IM SO SORRY TO LOOK LIKE A DUMMY HERE BUT I REALLY DONT KNOW I AM LEARNING TREW U LADIES WHICH I AM GLAD U R ON HERE HELPING ME I WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO THANK U I BE LOST WITH OUT UR HELP...WHAT ELSA CAN I DO TO HELP THEM AS WELL IS THEIR SOMETHING SPECIAL U GIVE TO THE KIDS AND PREG DOES THAT I DONT KNOW ABOUT AS FAR AS FEED OR SHOTS OR ANY THING ELSA...I HAVE FARM FOR 10 YEARS NOW AND I NEVER DEAL WITH GOATS AS MUCH I DEAL WITH PIGS AND COWS FOR STOCK SHOW AND I LET MY GOATS DO THEIR OWN THING BUT NOW I NEED TO GET 25 GOATS ASAP AND IM AT 12 BECAUSE OF AGG ON THE LAND MY TAXES R TOO HIGH IM UP 3200 THIS YEAR I NEED TO FILE FOR AGG BUT FIRST I NEED TO HAVE 25 GOATS TO GET THEIS SO IF I HAVE TO HAVE THIS MANY AND I NEED TO SPEND THE EXTRA COST IN GETTING THEM I MIGHT AS WELL TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM SO I TOLD HUBBY I WILL HAVE MY 25 GOATS AND MORE WITHIN THE NEXT 5 YEARS MY GOAL IS TOO HAVE 150 GOATS SO I AM GLAD TO JOIN THIS CLUB SO I CAN LEARN ALL THEIR IS TO LEARN WHICH I DO EVERY DAY THANKS TO U LADIES THAT HELP OUT WITH ALL THE INFO U PUT OUT ON THIS SITE...

5. carmen escamilla

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    ALSO WHAT IS CD/T FOR THEN? AND WHEN I GIVE THEM THE PASTERIES FOR WORM AND COCIDDIA i give it to them now and then in 10 days after that how long do i wait to give it to them after that...or i dont have too any more..i image i do rite?

6. carmen escamilla

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    what is cd/t used for and when u say to give them the pasteries for worm and cociddia now and then 10 days later how long do i wait to give it to them again or i dont have to any more and can i give this to my preg does as well...

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    As i wrote already

Not sure what a "pasteries" is :?

yes some coccidiastats can be given to pregnant goats -- some wormers arent safe.

I suggest a Ivermectin based wormer you repeat this in 7-10 days to get the second cycle of eggs hatching

coccidia isnt repeated in a set manor. you treat as needed - I suggest you get Dimethox from like Tractor Supply Company OR go to www.jefferslivestock.com and purchase it.