WOW goats are going fast

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by sweetgoats, Mar 5, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OK I put a add on Craigs list to sell some of the goats. W are in such a drought here that I can not keep all the goats.

I put them on all the Craigs lists in Colorado. WOW I have all of them sold and some. One lady is taking Topaz and her babies, she is going to overnight me a check to hold them, and another lady is coming tomorrow to pick out that she wants and I had a guy just email me and he wants all the others that I Have for sale. One of my 4Hers wants a doe so I told her that she better come pick it out like NOW because they are going fast.

WOW I was really worried I would have to take them to the sale barn. I would of just died if I had to do that.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is wonderful.....congrats........ :wink: :greengrin:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Lori thats just awesome!! it is so hard to get real buyers right now. People want goats for 25-50.00 around here :( I hope to educate them on the the quailty but geeze!

4. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Lori - I am so happy for you. I'm glad you didn't have to take them to the sale barn.

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's awesome!

6. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    That's wonderful news! Congratulations on finding good homes for all of them so quickly. Maybe next year I'll be in a position where life has settled down and I can bring a few cashmere babies home. Your babies are so incredibly beautiful.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Becky, I did sell Topaz and her babies as a set of three. I am really happy they will go to a lady that lives in North and she owns her own fiber shop. So she ids getting them so she can put cashmere in her shop in time.

I have two people coming tonight to pick out their goats. Once I told people that I had others wanting goats they decided they better come pick out their babies and pay for them. :clap: :leap:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is wonderful - I am hoping to sell a bunch of mine also. I just told DH that the ones that I am keeping are my best and that is it.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You know as fast as some of them are going, I will sell about any of them right now. I have someone looking at a goat that I was not planning on selling but I have to say that $$$$$$$ talks. :cool: