WOW, I am finally back.

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Nov 30, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Man, first I had trouble with the internet at home, then we moved the office and we were down there and then I had to have surgery. So it feels like I have been gone forever.
    I had to have surgery on my foot and boy was it a LOT worse then I ever in my wildest dreams expected. I can not walk or should I say should not walk because I have three pens sticking out of three of my toes, and we are in the middle of a major winter storm. I had Surgery on the 21st and then my DH and DD packed me in a car on the 25th I believe (Tuesday) and we headed to Texas to spend Thanksgiving with my son, (of course we had no internet). I really do not remember much.
    They gave me Percoset (sp) and I was allergic to it and then they gave me Vicodine (sp), also allergic to it. Every time I think about moving my toes it just hurts like no tomorrow.
    We came home Saturday night (the 29th) and the 30th all the roads around us are closed because of the storm. I felt so bad that I have not even had a chance to go see all the goats. My DD and DH had to dig the snow out of the barn and lock them all in. I guess some of the barns had 3-4 feet of snow in them. I tell you I prayed that we would get home to all the animals safe along with us. Well the Lord did that. We got home just in the nick of time.

Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving. I have to say I sure missed you all.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh wow Lori I hope everything heals and you get out of pain soon. :hug:

Thats wonderful that the goaties were ok and you have the peace of mind now.

My brothers flight back to chicago is delayed because of high traffic I am sure but also because of weather -- chicago is getting dumped on with snow. (not as bad as you all have though)

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am sorry you are in so much pain...and you are allergic to the pain pills....that has to be terrible.....the pins stinking out...OUCH~!! man that must be very painful.......I am glad all your goats were OK.....I pray for you a speedy recovery......we missed you as well...welcome back...... :pray:

Our thanksgiving was real nice thank you.... :)

4. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Lori - SO sorry to hear about the pain from the surgery; hope your toes/foot is healing well. I'm really glad you got home safely, it's much better being stuck in a storm like this at home than on the road somewhere.

We had no idea this storm was coming, the weather forecasters seemed to have been a little off in this prediction. :) My oldest is home from CU Boulder and we are supposed to get him back today.... we're not sure we can get out at this point.

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Big owie- hope you are better soon. :hug:

6. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    we missed you1 glad to have you back- Hope you get to feling better soon! :grouphug:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Lori....I'm sure DH and DD will be sure your goaties are taken care of, you just relax and rest that foot! Glad you got to spend your holiday with your DS, and there certainly was a guardian Angel with you all on your trip back home.

I was lucky enough to be able to take vicodin after my foot surgery...though falling and bending pins didn't help at all....so it is VERY important to stay off the crutches as much as you can til those pins come out! So be a good girl and do as the dr ordered :hug:

Great to see you back!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome back - we sure did miss ya!!! Hope that you get feeling better soon and the pain subsides!

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    GLad to have you back! I know how it is with foot injuries and I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Lori! I missed you on here...glad to have you back and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks you all. I feel better already. (ok I wish it was that easy).
    I came to work today DH had to drive me in and you talk about funny. I am the only female here in the work place of 27 guys. They all about turned blue and threw up when they saw the pins in my toes. MEN, they are big wimps. :slapfloor:

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh dear.

I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    men....they are such babies....LOL :) :ROFL: